Make new friends. Experience new culture. See the world. Program lengths vary from 10 days to an academic year. Keep scrolling to learn more.
Follow These Steps To Get Started
- This is the first step of the journey. These 30-45 minute sessions are held twice a week during the semester in Dragas Hall 2008. For a schedule of upcoming sessions, please see our calendar.
- For students who may not be able to attend a session in person, the information is also provided online.
- Learn about the types of programs that are offered, eligibility requirements, academic credits, financial aid, scholarships, how to prepare for a study abroad advising appointment, and what to expect from the program abroad.
- All students must attend an information session before meeting with a study abroad advisor.
- Log-in to ODUAbroad with your MIDAS ID and password.
- Follow the prompts to create an ODUAbroad profile.
- Review "Program Search Tips" in the ODUAbroad Guide on your profile.
- Search our program database in ODUAbroad.
- Save any programs you're interested in by clicking the save icon.
We're still here to help you. Email email@example.com to set up a virtual advising appointment with one of our study abroad advisors.
For students interested in Faculty-Led programs: Schedule an appointment online to receive one-on-one assistance with program exploration. You may also call or email our office at 757-683-5378 and firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment.
Exchange and Affiliated Programs:
For students interested in Exchange and Affiliated programs: Schedule an appointment online to receive one-on-one assistance with program exploration. You may also call or email our office at 757-683-5378 and email@example.com to schedule your appointment.
Virtual Study Abroad Programs:
For students interested in Virtual/Remote programs: Schedule an appointment to receive one-on-one assistance with program exploration. You may also call or email our office at 757-683-5378 and firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your appointment.
- For a list of upcoming deadlines, see our calendar.
- Complete all the items in your application by the deadline.
- An application typically includes short answer personal statements, transcript(s), online forms, recommendation letter(s), and the study abroad fee.
- Most applications will be reviewed after the deadline. You can expect to hear from our office within a couple of weeks of the deadline.
- Your application will be evaluated based on your academic performance, and the quality and content of your personal statements and recommendation letters. Disciplinary and academic records may affect your eligibility. You will be notified by email once an admission decision has been reached. If approved, log in to your ODUAbroad account to confirm your participation and view your next steps, which will be new items in your ODUAbroad application checklist.
- Login to your ODUAbroad Application to review and complete your remaining requirements.
Ready to Plan Your Adventure?
In general, applications for study abroad programs are due by the middle of the semester before you would like to study abroad (view upcoming deadlines). So, allow yourself plenty of time for advising, academic and budgetary planning, and application completion.
And don't forget to visit our Resources page for helpful tips regarding health and safety while overseas, information about access and inclusion, and how to get your passport, visa, and other necessary government documentation.