Customized Training Based on Your Team's Unique Needs
Organization Development (OD) is a series of planned processes by which human resources are identified, utilized, and developed in ways that strengthen organizational effectiveness. Organization development expands people's ideas, beliefs, and behaviors so that they can apply new approaches to old problems. Generally, these changed efforts go beyond employee-training interventions and concentrate on the department or organization.
AREAS OF ORGANIZATION DEVELOPMENT:
Improving or establishing organizational goals, objectives, or direction.
Focusing attention on how individuals or groups interact.
Changing processes to help your team perform more efficiently and effectively.
Equipping and supporting groups by adopting successful change outcomes and transitions.
WHEN IS ORGANIZATION DEVELOPMENT SUCCESSFUL?
OD is most effective when:
- At least one key decision maker in the organization perceives a need for change, and top managers do not actively oppose change.
- The perceived need or problem is caused, in whole or in part, by conditions in the work environment, such as relations between or among individuals or intact work groups.
- Managers in the organization are willing to commit to long-term improvement.
- Managers and employees are willing to listen with open minds to the key assumptions of O.D. as articulated by an O.D. consultant.
- Some trust and cooperation exist in the organization.
- Top management is willing to provide the resources necessary to support the O.D. initiative.
NEED ORGANIZATION DEVELOPMENT?
Since Organization Development (OD) is customized for your department or team, based on your unique challenges and needs, it is only available upon request. Contact the Organization Development Training Consultant for questions or more information.
Request Organization Development