During this video training session, participants will learn how to access and interpret budget information in Banner; learn the forms that allow departments to do internal financial reporting; check available balances (and understand why discrepancies can occur); identify Banner transaction codes; research invoices; determine if a vendor is in ODU's vendor table; check base budget information; and learn about tools associated with monitoring your budgets.
Audience: Individuals responsible for monitoring departmental budgets.
Prerequisite: Banner Basics handout review
All Banner-related questions should be directed to the Banner Hotline at email@example.com.
- It is recommended that you read and review the training materials located under the Banner Basics link prior to taking this class!
- Download your training materials if you would like to follow along and make notes on the materials. No materials are provided in class.
- You may want to number your handouts (i.e., Handout #1 would be Banner Internal Financial Reporting: Form Guide)
- Banner Internal Financial Reporting: Form Guide - revised March, 2017
- FGIBAVL: Checking Available Balance - revised May, 2018
- FGIBDST: Checking My Budget - revised May, 2018
- Identifying AP & Encumbrance Transaction Codes - revised March, 2017
- Identifying AR, Budget, General Accounting, & Payroll Transaction Codes - revised March, 2017
- FAIINVE: Reviewing Invoice Information - revised May, 2018
- FOIDOCH: Researching an Invoice Using the Banner Invoice Number - revised May, 2018
- FGIDOCR: Viewing Transaction Date, Description, & Amounts for All Processed Transactions - revised May, 2018
- FAIVNDH: Researching an Invoice Using Vendor History - revised May, 2018
- FTIIDEN: Finding a Vendor Number - revised May, 2018
- FBIBUDG: Checking Your Base Budget? - revised May, 2018
- Downloading Budget Information from Banner - revised May, 2018
- BDM: Viewing Invoices via Banner Document Management - revised June, 2021
- FGIOPAL: Reviewing & Exporting Budget Detail Information - Created September, 2022