- October 1, 2022: 2023-2024 FAFSA becomes available at studentaid.gov
- January 1, 2023: 2023-2024 FAFSA priority filing deadline
- November 1, 2022: Spring 2023 aid offer reviews begin
- January 6, 2023: SAP appeal deadline for spring 23
- March 1, 2023: Summer 2023 aid request form will be available online
- June 1, 2023: VGAP & Merit Scholarships renewal reviews begin for 2023-2024
- June 30, 2023: Deadline to submit summer aid request
Beginning 2022-2023 aid year: Virginians who are undocumented and nonimmigrants, have Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals status (DACA ) may qualify for Virginia State financial aid. Please familiarize yourself with the application process and who may qualify.
**Students eligible to complete a FAFSA should not complete the VASA, they should complete the FAFSA only.
The U.S. Department of Education require that institutions ensure that financial aid funds are used to pay for courses that apply to a student’s degree program.
Course Program of Study (CPoS) refers to all courses needed to earn the degree. Only courses that count toward your program of study can be considered when determining aid eligibility for federal, state and institutional funds. Courses must be required for degree completion in order for those courses to count toward enrollment status requirements for aid.
Taking classes that are not in your Course Program of Study for your officially declared major may result in a reduction or cancellation to your overall financial aid package.
Provides education benefits to spouses and children of military members killed, missing in action, taken prisoner, or who have been rated by the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs as totally and permanently or at least 90% disabled as a result of military service. Find more information on the Virginia Department of Veterans Services website.