- August 4, 2023 - Last day to submit loans for summer.
- August 17, 2023 - Fall 2023 Disbursements begin.
- August 26, 2023 - Fall classes begin.
- Mid- December - 2024-2025 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) will be available.
- February 1, 2024 - FAFSA Priority filing date
- January 2, 2024 – Spring disbursements begin.
- January 5, 2024 – Deadline to submit SAP appeal for Spring 24
Beginning 2022-2023 aid year: Virginians who are undocumented and nonimmigrants, have Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals status (DACA ) may qualify for Virginia State financial aid. Please familiarize yourself with the application process and who may qualify.
**Students eligible to complete a FAFSA should not complete the VASA, they should complete the FAFSA only.
The U.S. Department of Education require that institutions ensure that financial aid funds are used to pay for courses that apply to a student’s degree program.
Course Program of Study (CPoS) refers to all courses needed to earn the degree. Only courses that count toward your program of study can be considered when determining aid eligibility for federal, state and institutional funds. Courses must be required for degree completion in order for those courses to count toward enrollment status requirements for aid.
Taking classes that are not in your Course Program of Study for your officially declared major may result in a reduction or cancellation to your overall financial aid package.
Provides education benefits to spouses and children of military members killed, missing in action, taken prisoner, or who have been rated by the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs as totally and permanently or at least 90% disabled as a result of military service. Find more information on the Virginia Department of Veterans Services website.