Submitting Financial Aid Forms & Documents
Have you been asked to submit a form to the Financial Aid Office? To assist you, we have made the most frequently requested forms available online or in Adobe Acrobat format for downloading.
Click one of the titles below to see links and additional information about forms. Documents may be faxed to 757-683-5920.
Document Upload Instructions
- Use your UIN, Last Name, Document Type (ex. 12345678 Doe_Transcript.pdf) to save your PDF file.
- Please upload the federal tax transcript ONLY. Do not submit any other federal or state tax forms.
- Click the Upload link, Find and Select the file on your computer, sign and Submit. You will receive a confirmation email from the Finaid Account.
Financial Aid Verification Forms
- Identity and Statement of Educational Purpose
- Independent Student Status Documentation
- Military Verification Form
- Proof of Dependents
- Unusual Enrollment History
- Verification of Financial Aid Cancellation
Verification of Non-filing Letter
If you indicated that you and/or your parent will not file taxes on your FAFSA, AND are not required to file taxes per IRS guidelines, an additional requirement is needed to complete the verification process. Please review the instructions on how to obtain the Verification of Non-filing Letter from the IRS.
- Federal Direct PLUS Loan Process: How to apply for a Direct PLUS Loan
STEP ONE: Complete the Direct PLUS Loan Application to initiate the credit check.
STEP TWO: Complete the PLUS Data Sheet and submit it to the Student Financial Aid Office for processing.
- Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan Process: Should be completed by a Graduate Student interested in borrowing a Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan. Completing this Graduate PLUS pre-application to initiate SFA's processing of the loan. The amount of your Graduate PLUS loan is based on the cost of education less any other financial aid you receive. The Graduate borrower must be enrolled at least half-time (4 credit hours).
- Overlapping Loan/Aid Clearance Letter: In order to accurately determine your Pell Grant or Federal Direct Loan eligibility, we are required to review your financial aid history. Please use the Overlapping Loan/Aid Clearance Letter to give authorization for the school to release your financial aid information.
- Loan Policies
Aid Adjustment Form
Financial aid notification is based on full time (12+ credits) cost of attendance. Students enrolled below full time status or who withdraw from all courses must submit the Aid Adjustment Form.
Consortium Agreement Form
Students seeking financial aid who are concurrently enrolled at ODU and the Virginia Community College System must complete an Enrollment Form and Consortium Agreement Form obtained from their academic advisor each semester.
NOTE: Students who are not receiving financial aid do not need to complete the Enrollment Form or Consortium Agreement Form.
REMINDER: All students should make alternate financial arrangements for community college tuition payment and for purchasing books before receiving a balance of aid check.
Learn more about the ODU Online experience.