ACT Test Preparation
Success tomorrow demands preparation today!
ACT/SAT Strategy Workshops
Join us for an informative combined introduction to the ACT and SAT. If you are preparing for college, you probably have some questions about the pre-college admission tests. This session will introduce you to both tests and highlight some of the key similarities and differences between them. Our experienced instructor will guide you through some sample questions and teach a you few strategies. Come learn the basics about the ACT and SAT. We know you'll get a lot out of this free session. Due to limited space, pre-registration is encouraged.
Who Should Attend:
This free session is open to high school students and their parents. Students who are just beginning to think about college, students who are preparing to take one of the college admission tests, and students who have already taken one of the tests will all get valuable strategies and information out of this hour-long strategy workshop.
Note: Preregistration for face-to-face and Live-Online Strategy Workshops is preferred but not required. Registration for Strategy Workshops should be simpler than registration for courses, and should include the option to join program mailing lists, drip campaigns, etc.
Why Choose One of ODU's ACT Programs
Our multi-week course formats allow abundant opportunities for learning and for interacting with our expert instructors. Courses are strategically scheduled during the weeks leading up to the most popular ACT dates.
ODU's ACT programs are ONLINE (live) classes and combine the same great program as the traditional ACT prep class with the added flexibility of attending class from anywhere and at any time. Our virtual classroom provides you with the opportunity to interact in real-time with our expert instructors, and the online format includes the added benefit of watching recordings of your class sessions at your convenience for up to 30 days after the course ends.
Great for Juniors and Seniors
ODU ACT prep courses are ideal for rising juniors who are taking the test for the first time, for seniors and other high school students who have already taken the exam but wish to improve their scores, and for younger students who are curious about or want early preparation for the ACT.
Course Information- ACT Blitz, and ACT Summer Institute
ACT Blitz Course
About ACT Blitz:
The ACT Blitz is an intensive test prep program that provides students with the tools they need to prepare for and ace the ACT. Our multi-week course format allows abundant opportunities for learning and for interacting with our expert instructors. Courses are strategically scheduled during the weeks leading up to the most popular ACT dates and include 16 hours of instruction to prepare students to reach their chosen test dates at peak performance.
ODU's ONLINE (live) classes combine the same great program as the traditional ACT prep class with the added flexibility of attending class from anywhere and at any time. Our virtual classroom provides you with the opportunity to interact in real-time with our expert instructors, and the online format includes the added benefit of watching recordings of your class sessions at your convenience for up to 30 days after the course ends.
Our Online (live) offering does not include textbooks, however, recordings could be reviewed 30 days after course.
General Testing Taking
- Use the process of elimination.
- Master time management skills.
- Minimize test anxiety.
- Identify common distractors.
- Practice solution techniques for problems containing variables.
- Learn efficient approaches to complicated multi-step problems.
- Discover tactics for translating difficult word problems into equations.
- Identify parameters for test items involving graphs and charts.
- Interpolate or extrapolate answers from data given in tables.
- Recognize the point of an experiment in research summary items.
- Understand which part of the passage to read for reading comprehension questions.
- Recognize the difference between global and local test items.
- Identify passages written from the journalistic and engaged perspectives.
- Identify correct idiomatic speech in sentence correction problems.
- Understand the basic concepts of rhetorical construction.
- Learn which grammar errors are most frequently tested.
The SAT Blitz Includes:
- 16 hours of expert classroom instruction
- Course textbook: The Official SAT Study Guide from College Board
- Real SAT practice questions and tests
- Course workbook
- Easy-to-follow study plan
ACT Summer Institute
About the Summer Institute:
The ACT Summer Institute is an intensive test prep program that provides students with the tools they need to prepare for and succeed on the ACT(r). Students often have fewer obligations during the summer, making it the perfect time to develop essential test-taking tools. Students receive in-depth review of the exam materials, insight into strategies for succeeding on standardized tests, a comprehensive study plan, and extended online support.
The ACT Summer Institute covers the same topics as the ACT Blitz, and includes:
- 20 hours of expert classroom instruction
- Experienced, dedicated instructors
- Official preparation guide which includes practice tests from ACT
- Course workbook
- Thorough presentations and explanations
- Easy-to-follow study plan
- Access to online support resources
Register- ACT Blitz:
LOCATION: ONLINE - anyplace you decide!
FEE: $449 ($399 for Military, ODU F/S, Alumni & Students)
Register- ACT Summer Institute:
ACT Blitz: The live-online ACT Blitz is offered online using Adobe Connect, a free application. All you need to participate in live-online classes are a high-speed internet connection and speakers or headphones.
Course materials will be delivered directly to your home. We recommend registering at least four (4) business days in advance of the class start date to ensure timely delivery of your student package.
To withdraw from a course you must send a request in writing to email@example.com seven (7) days prior the start date of the course. Failure to attend a course does not constitute withdrawal. Course registration fees, less a $50 processing fee will be refunded to your credit card. There are no refunds once the class has begun.
Late withdrawals of six (6) days or less before the class begins, will result in the student being charged the $50 processing fee, as well as charges for books and/or other course material fees.