The Old Dominion University Monarch community has access to a variety of contracts. These contracts are awarded as the result of a formal solicitation, evaluation, and negotiation process in adherence with laws and policies impacting ODU. According to the Mandatory Use of Contracts Policy, departments must do business with the specified vendors that the University has contracts with.
Once a contract is awarded, it can't be assumed that all agreed upon terms & conditions will always be met. So, Contract Administration is the continued process of monitoring all aspects of a contract to ensure that all parties are compliant with the defined and specified contractual terms, conditions, rights and obligations, and that performance is in accordance with the defined specifications or scope of work. Procurement Services may designate (when applicable) a Contract Administrator in writing after a contract award is issued.
The Aramark Catering Procedures clearly define the process, approval flow and required documentation to ensure that catering expenses are appropriate, budgeted, received in accordance with the catering confirmed order, and that such catering services meet the mission of the University while providing appropriate controls and enhancing the use of the Purchasing Card (PCard) program. This procedure also ensures prompt payment of the catering contract vendor.
As written in the University's Catering Policy, catering provided by off campus vendors is not permitted without written approval from the Director of Dining Services. Request forms and guidelines for waivers are available online at www.campusdish.com and may also be picked up at the Monarch Catering Office, located in Webb Center.
ODU has collaborated with and entered into a contract for printing services for two or more color jobs. For stationary type items that are single color, the following approved vendors can be contacted directly by the ordering department and enter payment via University PCard.
- Colley Ave Copies & Graphics: 757-440-4000; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Liskey & Sons Printing, Inc.: 757-672-8712; email@example.com
- Professional Printing Center: 757-547-1990; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Worth Higgins & Associates, Inc.; 804-565-3557; email@example.com
Contact Procurement Services at 757-683-3105 with questions regarding the process for letterhead, envelopes and/or forms requiring two or more color printing, visit the printing procedures.
Optional Online Ordering
ODU has partnered with Professional Printing Center for online ordering of business cards, envelopes, and letterhead that will allow the requestor to select a layout, enter the details in the online form, immediately view the proof online, submit an order, and enter payment via University PCard. Please be sure to check out this option at: odu.professionalprinting.com.
Please visit University Design & Publications for more information on ordering business cards & stationary.
The University has established contracts with Dell and Apple for University computers.
- Dell computers must be purchased from Dell via an eVA Purchase Order. To obtain a Dell eQuote, work with your TSP. To obtain a Dell Premier Account, contact Procurement Services firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Apple purchases are coordinated with your TSP and purchased through the University Village Bookstore.
ITS (Information Technology Services) has established recommended desktop configuration for all ITS managed computers, please visit the Computer Standards webpage.
Executive Order 77 (Virginia Leading by Example to Reduce Plastic Pollution and Solid Waste) was issued in March 2021 by the Governor. The Executive Order requires state agencies and institutions to:
- (i) cease buying, selling and distributing disposable plastic bags, single-use plastic and polystyrene food service containers, plastic straws and cutlery, and single-use plastic water bottles and
- (ii) develop a long-term Plastic Pollution Reduction and Waste Diversion Plan.
The VASCUPP Fisher Scientific Company LLC contract is available for use by Old Dominion University. VASCUPP contract number VTG-546-2017. You can find items such as general laboratory supplies and equipment on their website.
Fisher Scientific must be purchased via an eVA Purchase Order using the Fisher punch out catalog. A guide detailing steps to placing Fisher orders can be found here.
Virginia Correctional Enterprises (VCE) has a right of first refusal to provide furniture products to the university. If VCE does not manufacture the goods required and grants an exemption, the purchase may be made from a commercial source.
Ordering from VCE
Browse the VCE Catalog, but please note: VCE website may not be complete. Please contact your VCE Representative to confirm pricing and availability. When entering a purchase requisition into eVA, you will need to put VCE in the contract number field. You may use your departmental PCard for orders up to $4999. Any purchases over $5000 must obtain a release by submitting a VCE Release Request.
How to Obtain a Release
Written releases are required for transactions of $5,000 or more. The release allows for purchase from commercial vendors, and is only granted if VCE has nothing compatible with the requirement, or is unable to meet the required delivery. VCE will not grant a release after a purchase has been made. As of February 1, 2019, the process for submitting a release request to VCE has changed to an online VCE Release Request Form.
Information about the release form and all releases shall be addressed to: VCE Customer Service at 1-800-823-2823 or email@example.com
Per Procurement Services' Procedure 110-010: Vehicles / Rolling Stock / Motorized Equipment, approval by Facilities Management is required for the purchase of all golf carts.
In the case of golf carts, all requests must come from the cognizant Budget Unit Director, via the Associate Director of Facilities Management, to the Vice President for Administration and Finance for approval.
For detailed instructions on how to procure a golf cart, please review the Golf Cart Procurement Policy.
Grainger/RE Replacements is a vendor that the University has a contract agreement with. You can find items such as safety vests, gloves, equipment, utility knives, and other miscellaneous equipment on their website.
The University has a contract with Staples/RGH. Any office supplies or other items sold by Staples should be purchased through this contract. Log in to browse the Staples/RGH website. If you do not have an account yet, please submit the Staples New Account Request Form to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Staples/RGH User Guide can provide guidance on how to search for products and use this account.
Orders for furniture and technology, where the product is not available on the RGH website, should be ordered by issuing an eVA purchase order. The purchase order must be issued to RGH and include a quote number. Invoices will be received from RGH with associated eVA PO number referenced.
The University has established procedures for printing services. All print jobs should be reviewed and approved by University Communications before proceeding with submitting a request to Procurement Services. Please review the University Purchase of Printing Services for additional information.
When purchasing items using university funding (state/local) all Procurement Policies apply.
The University and VASCUPP have several cooperative contracts available for obtaining quotes and ordering promotional products. Departments are encouraged to request multiple quotes from contract vendors. All quotes requested should be attached to your eVA PR and/or PCard transaction in Works.
Many of the supply chain issues the pandemic has caused worldwide affecting inventory, labor shortages and shipping complications have impacted the University's licensed vendors. These vendors are still dealing with many of these challenges and are asking that you keep this information in mind when planning for upcoming purchases. They are seeing mid-year price increases due to shipping container costs that are at an all-time high and raw material costs that are on the rise. Shipping delays are expected to continue throughout the summer. With that in mind, campus requestors are encouraged to contact your sales rep or the ODU Licensing office as soon as you know you have a product need so that they can provide options and secure inventory in plenty of time for your events and projects.
Below is a list of VASCUPP cooperative contract vendors:
|POC||Business||Contact Information||SWAM Details||Contract #|
|Nikki Promades||Staples/RGH||Small, Micro, Minority||CNR01398|
|Karen Hamilton||MSP Design Group||Small||UCPJMU5264|
|Dan Clark||TK Promotions, Inc.||Small, Micro||UCPJMU5270|
|Patrick Carlson||ID Marketing Inc/IDAmerica||Small||UCPJMU5260|
|Nick Schrank||ATHLETIC UNION/Fresh Printz||Small, Micro, Women||UCPJMU5271|
|Regina Kenerley||A Logo For You||Small, Micro, Women||UCPJMU5254|
The University maintains vehicle rental contracts with Enterprise and Hertz. To request the Rental Vehicle Account Number which allows Authorized Renters to rent vehicles under the ODU account, please complete the request form here.
- Authorized Renters: Authorization to use the ODU account for renting vehicles is extended to student, faculty, and/or staff that are renting the vehicle for purposes of conducting official University business only. Rentals for personal use using the University's account code is prohibited.
- Payment Method: ODU PCard or Personal Credit Card. ODU PCards are only authorized for car rental time and distance fees, airport fees, and allowable cashless tolls only. Cardholders and Approvers are responsible for recovering fuel, additional insurance, parking fees, GPS, and any other unauthorized charges.
- Insurance: Authorized Renters should not accept additional insurance if offered. The daily rate includes all required insurance.
- Fuel: Vehicles must be refueled by the renter before being returned. Fuel, parking, and other fees are personal business expenses to be paid by the renter and then reimbursed.
- Age: Students, Faculty and/or Staff must be at least 21 years of age and renting for business use only.
- Returning Vehicles: Vehicles returned after hours or on Saturday when the branch is closed will be billed through Monday when the branch reopens. To avoid additional weekend fees, travelers should consider renting and returning vehicles when the branch is open or through an airport location that may have extended hours.
- Travel Registry: Per University Policy 1007, all university business travel domestic and foreign is to be entered into the ORM Travel Registry. The link to the Travel Registry is: https://travelregistry.odu.edu/login. Be sure to click the Login with your MIDAS CREDENTIAL option. The first time you login with your MIDAS Credentials the system creates your travel user profile shell which you can edit from the profile option. Additional information can be found on the Office of Risk Management site.
The pre-qualified Contractors listings are located in the MICRO Contractors (< $10K) and ALL Contractors ($10K-$500K) Excel spreadsheets. The work solicited using the pre-qualified micro business, small business, small women owned business and small minority owned business, and contractors list are restricted to projects $500,000 or less. Please read the Instructions for Skilled Trade Contract for more details.
- Departments must initiate a software review by submitting a Software Decision Analysis (SDA) Questionnaire. Link to the Questionnaire can be found here.
- Departments must submit with the Questionnaire:
- Contractor Proposal/Quote
- Scope of Work/Statement of Needs,
- Cooperative Contract or Sole Source, as applicable
- Other supporting documentation
- ITS and Procurement Services will work concurrently to complete a review of the request.
- Upon final approval and execution of documents, Departments will submit an eVA requisition.
- The following must be included in the line-item description.
- Software name and brief description of software functions and/or purpose
- Term start and end dates
- Department must include required supporting documentation as attachments:
- SDA Summary
- Executed Agreement
- Invoice, if applicable
- Statement of Work
- Executed Addendum, or
- Other supporting documentation
- Appropriate sub account code
- Contract number in the External Contract Number field
- The following must be included in the line-item description.
The VASCUPP temporary employment services contracts are available for use by Old Dominion University. The job titles offered and hourly billing rates vary between companies. The attached provides a listing of the job titles, hourly rates and Contractor contact information available to ODU departments.
It is recommended that campus departments contact the Contractor directly to determine if they offer the position needed and have the staffing resources available to meet campus department's request. If position and staffing resources are available, campus department is to confirm details and start date for temporary employment services.
A purchase order may be issued. If PO is issued, campus department would need to verify hours worked and complete receiver in Banner on a weekly basis. Alternatively, a PCard may be used to make weekly payments. Verification of hours and upload of receipt into Works would be required. Specific contract information may be found here.
Please contact Procurement Services at email@example.com with any questions.
Campus departments now have the opportunity to order Under Armour apparel through BSN Sports.
How to Order:
- Complete the attached order form based on options available within the Under Armour Apparel Catalog noting quantity, sizes, color, and logo option selected.
- Please note: ODU apparel pricing is 50% off pricing listed in the catalog. Footwear is 45% of catalog pricing. There is a fee of $7.95 for each logo per location.
- Screen printing charges will vary depending upon quantity. Please contact Matt Tonelson at BSN (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more info on screen printing.
- Submit the complete Under Armour Order Form to email@example.com.
- The Ordering Contact referenced on the order form will receive an order confirmation email from BSN Sports. The ordering department contact is responsible for reviewing the order and contacting BSN Sports if there are any errors.
- Once order is confirmed, allow approximately 3 weeks for delivery.
- Upon receipt of order, contact Michelle Mallet at BSN Sports at 757-548-3391 (Ext. 2) to make PCard payment. Reference Cart # or Invoice # for payment.
- For PCard documentation, reference BSN contract #UCPJMU4567.
The Virginia Distribution Center (VDC) is part of Department of General Services (DGS). The VDC is a cooperative procurement function that provides a broad selection of high-quality services and products at the lowest prices by leveraging the collective buying power of the Commonwealth, utilizing efficient freight methods, and maintaining an onsite Quality Assurance Laboratory operation. The University has a Cooperative Contract with VDC- listed on the eVA home page. You can find paper, plastic, safety supplies, flags, commodities, etc. on the VDC website.
UPS Accounts & Information:
- New UPS accounts can be set up by submitting the UPS Enrollment Form to Matt Bracken at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contract & pricing information is available on the Sourcewell UPS contact inforamtion page.
- Customer service inquiries such as answers to account questions, contract questions, special requests, etc., should be directed to Matt Bracken at email@example.com.
- General inquiries may be handled by contacting UPS at 1-800-877-1497.
- Payment by pcard is required for express delivery purchases, as it allows weekly UPS invoices to be sent to the cardholder.
- Track shipments by using the UPS Tracking Link. UPS Quantum View Manage can be used for a shipper to see all shipments for the past 45 days.