The professional education preparation programs at Old Dominion University are accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) which is now Council for the Accreditation of Education Preparation (CAEP) and approved by the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE).
Admission Requirements for the Post-baccalaureate Endorsement Program
- have earned a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 for all undergraduate college credits taken prior to the award of the baccalaureate degree
- have official transcript in a sealed envelope with your application documents
- Met the additional admission requirements listed in the course catalog (link below).
- have earned a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum cumulative GPA between 2.50 and 2.74 for all undergraduate college credits taken prior to the award of the baccalaureate degree
- have official transcript in a sealed envelope with your application document
- Met the additional admission requirements listed in the course catalog or have permission granted by the program director (link below).
Application Form and Instructions
NOTE: Provisionally admitted students must take at least 6 credits (no more than 12) of 300/400 upper level academic content courses at Old Dominion University as designated by the academic advisor, and pass with at least a B (3.00) in each course. This condition must be met prior to the Orientation Meeting for the Teacher Candidate Internship.
- Non-degree Graduate Admissions
Submit the Application for Post-baccalaureate Teacher Certification and the Application for In-state Tuition.
Select Apply Now, then, select Apply Graduate to create your account
- Post-Baccalaureate Endorsement Program Application (download and print a copy of the application)
Follow the instructions and submit application
- Activate your MIDAS ID
Activate your MIDAS ID as soon as you are admitted as a non-degree student.
- Professional Disposition Survey
Complete and submit the Professional Disposition Survey. To access the instructions to complete the survey. All students must complete this survey prior to being admitted into a teacher education program.
- Complete and sign Authorization for Release of Disciplinary Records contained in the Old Dominion University student's record. This form is part of the application packet. All applicants are required to submit this form signed, prior to being admitted into a teacher education program at ODU.
- Submit the Post-baccalaureate Endorsement Program Application.
- Bring with your application the official transcript(s) in a sealed envelope and a copy of your praxis core score report or a copy of the approved substitute scores, and any other document you are asked to submit. DO NOT submit the official transcript to the Office of Admission.
Post-baccalaureate Endorsement Programs
The Post-baccalaureate Endorsement program is for individuals who have completed a Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution and wish to qualify for a Virginia teaching license. Upon successful completion of the post-baccalaureate endorsement program, the candidate is eligible to apply for the Virginia teaching license. This post-baccalaureate endorsement program is not a master's degree.
- PreK-6 Elementary Education
- PreK-12 Art Education
- PreK-12 Foreign Languages - French, Spanish, German
- Special Education
- Middle (6-8) Education
- Secondary (6-12) Education
Biology, Chemistry, English, Earth Science, History/Social Studies, Physics, Mathematics
- English as a Second Language
- Marketing Education
- Music Education (PreK-12)
- Technology Education
- PreK-12 Administration and Supervision