How to Join
Joining the ODU Army ROTC is easy! Once you join, you will be a part of Old Dominion's Monarch Battalion beginning the Fall semester of your Freshman Year.
Those cross-registering for classes will need to submit a Cross-Registration Form in order to attend the ODU ROTC Program.
The Army ROTC offers a Four-Year High School Scholarship for high school students planning on attending a four-year college program. To learn more, visit the goarmy website for more information or to begin your application.
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be between the ages of 17 and 26
- Have a high school GPA of at least 2.50
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Score a minimum of 1000 on the SAT (math/verbal) or 19 on the ACT (excluding the required writing test scores)
- Meet physical standards
- Agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army on Active Duty or in a Reserve Component (Army Reserve or Army National Guard)
- An eight-year service commitment with the Army.
- Serve full-time in the Army for four years and four years with the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR).
- Selected Cadets may choose to serve part-time in the Army Reserve or Army National Guard while pursuing a civilian career