From building iconic brands to understanding why people buy what they buy, marketing is the exciting interface between companies and their customers and other stakeholders. It builds valuable relationships for companies and makes them more competitive in the marketplace. A career in marketing is often considered one of the best training grounds to rise to the top level of corporations.
- Digital marketing equips graduates with the knowledge base and skill set to leverage digital marketing platforms such as social media and search engines.
- Our cutting-edge program teaches students marketing, communication, and analytical knowledge to prepare them for high-demand marketing career opportunities.
- Building on the marketing faculty's years of research and experience, our program will provide students with an engaging and stimulating academic experience.
- Through our program, we aim to make sound preparations and build connections for future generations of marketing professionals.
Check out these ideas from ODU Career Development Services and the Occupational Information Network (O*NET). A median salary is a midpoint of what people typically earn—half of those surveyed earned above the median salary, and half earned below.
Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists
Research market conditions in local, regional, or national areas, or gather information to determine potential sales of a product or service, or create a marketing campaign. May gather information on competitors, prices, sales, and methods of marketing and distribution.
Advertising and Promotions Managers
Plan, direct, or coordinate advertising policies and programs or produce collateral materials, such as posters, contests, coupons, or give-aways, to create extra interest in the purchase of a product or service for a department, an entire organization, or on an account basis.
Develop or apply mathematical or statistical theory and methods to collect, organize, interpret, and summarize numerical data to provide usable information. May specialize in fields such as bio-statistics, agricultural statistics, business statistics, or economic statistics. Includes mathematical and survey statisticians.
Search Marketing Strategists
Employ search marketing tactics to increase visibility and engagement with content, products, or services in Internet-enabled devices or interfaces. Examine search query behaviors on general or specialty search engines or other Internet-based content. Analyze research, data, or technology to understand user intent and measure outcomes for ongoing optimization.
- Students are not formally admitted into the B.S.B.A. in Marketing program until the end of the sophomore year, when completion of all prerequisites is expected. Admission to the University does not constitute automatic admission to the program.
- For the current prerequisites and application steps, please refer to the BSBA program page in the University Undergraduate Catalog.
- To speak to someone about the admission process, please contact the marketing chief departmental advisor, Professor Michelle Carpenter.
For Admission to the Digital Marketing Program
paper based: 550, internet based 79
At ODU, we understand that as a transfer student you have unique needs that require a wide array of campus resources. The Center for Advising Administration and Academic Partnerships aims to create a transfer inclusive culture that supports the successful...
Estimated rates for the 2023-24 academic year. Rates are subject to change. Anyone that is not a current Virginia resident will be charged non-resident rates. That includes international students.
Ways to Save
Here are a few ways for you to save on the cost of attending ODU. For more information visit University Student Financial aid
Transfer Articulation Agreements
To simplify the transfer process, we have formal agreements with certain institutions. These agreements outline the courses you should take to prepare for transferring to ODU.
Review the full list of transfer articulation agreements to see if your institution is listed.