SRC Activity Courts & Fields
Drop in to the SRC during designated "Informal Rec hours" for a pickup game!
Informal Recreation promotes recreational and wellness opportunities that are available through select locations including Court 1, 2, and 3, MAC Gym, Racquetball courts, and Studio A. During "Informal Rec" hours hours, these specific locations are deemed priority for volleyball, badminton, soccer, and basketball. All games are on a first-come, first served basis. Note that space and hours may be affected by intramural programs, sport club practice and games, academic classes and scheduled special events.
- Outdoor Soccer
- Flag Football
- Indoor Soccer
- Floor Hockey
Informal Rec Schedule
Activity Court Availability
This schedule shows when the courts are available to play pickup games. Click the time (on the left) to see the start and end.
SRC Pro Shop
The Pro Shop in the Student Recreation Center has a variety of sport and fitness equipment available for your workout.
- Badminton racquets and birdies
- Basketballs (men's and women's)
- Bocce ball sets
- Corn hole sets
- Foam rollers
- Jump ropes
- Mini hurdles
- Racquetball racquets and balls
- Soccer balls (indoor and outdoor)
- Table tennis paddles and balls
- Volleyballs (indoor and outdoor)
- Wally balls
- Weight and dip belts
- Yoga mats
Equipment must be returned by closing on the same day of check out. Charges may apply for any unreturned, lost and/or damaged equipment.
- Groups that request a specified activity during informal recreation must notify the Facility Manager. Individuals or groups playing other activities in these space will be given five minutes to finish their activity. The Facility Manager will then stop play and set up the proper equipment for the selected informal activity.
- Individuals may not use informal recreation time for organized activities. Groups interested in reserving an area for activity should fill out the Indoor Student Recreation Center Request Form using Virtual EMS.
Main Gym and Multi-Activity Court (MAC)
- Equipment (basketballs, volleyballs, soccer balls, etc.) may be checked out by members from the Pro Shop. Equipment must be returned by closing on the same day of check out. Charges may apply for any unreturned, lost and/or damaged equipment.
- Open recreation activities are first-come, first serve with a 1-hour time limit. Please see facility schedules for available times.
- No personal stereos are permitted.
- Keep the floor clear. All personal belongings must be kept in cubbies or lockers.
- Do not move any equipment set-up on courts. Ask the building staff for assistance with the set-up or break down of equipment.
- Non-marking athletic shoes are required.
- Personal belongings, gym bags, backpacks, etc., can be placed on the exterior of the court between the fins or in storage lockers.
- Reservations may be made for racquetball, badminton and table tennis for up to one hour per day. Reservations may be made up to 24 hours in advance by calling the Pro Shop at 757-683-4288.
- All Players must check in with the Pro Shop to have their reserved court setup accordingly.
- Reserved court time will be forfeited after 10 minutes.
- The badminton nets, Wallyball nets and table tennis tables must be set-up and taken down by SRC staff only.
- Racquetball wrist straps and protective eyewear are strongly recommended.