Student Transition & Family Programs
- Primary contact for New Student Orientation
- Coordinate and implement Family Weekend
- Initiate and maintain Family Connection opportunities
You learn a lot about who you are, your values, skills and interests outside of the classroom. By getting involved, you can discover these things while gaining practical experiences for your resume to aid in wherever you go after graduation.
Meeting others with the same interests, no matter what they are, means you've started to build your network. These will be connections that will last well beyond your time at ODU.
New Student Convocation. The pomp and circumstance of starting your academic journey is inspiring!
- First point of contact for Monarch Orientation Leaders.
- Planning and Facilitating Monarch Orientation Leader training and Monarch Orientation.
- Assisting with the Monarch Experience, Scheduling, Family Weekend, and other student programming.
The benefits of student involvement are endless. Getting involved enhances your college experience. Overall, you can find friends, new connections/professional opportunities, and even learn more about your own identity and values.
It may seem scary but put yourself out there. Go to fun events, find student organizations that interest you, and always take advantage of opportunities to develop professionally.
Participating in the Ice Cream and Cake at home football games.
- Assist facilitating Monarch Orientation and Mini Monarch Orientation
- Supervise STFP student workers
- STFP office support.
Student involvement brings a sense of community on campus. Students find their places and gain experience outside the classroom.
There is something for everyone. Don't be afraid to start something new or find something that interests you. Attend on campus events to make new friends and start networking!
Anytime the Ice Cream and Cake comes on, it's always a fun moment.
Fraternity & Sorority Life
- Fraternity & Sorority Life Leadership
- Primary Advisor for Interfraternity Council
- Inter/national Office and Advisor Contact
- Mace & Crown Advisor
- Event Management
- Fraternity & Sorority Life Functional Area Advising:
- Organization Management & Operations
- Community Growth
- Chapter Coach for:
- Alpha Kappa Lambda
- Alpha Phi
- Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Alpha Xi Delta
- Delta Zeta
- Kappa Delta
- Kappa Delta Rho
- Phi Delta Theta
- Phi Gamma Delta
- Pi Kappa Alpha
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.
- Sigma Nu
- Theta Chi
Student involvement enhances your college experience. It's a great way to get connected, explore your interests, or try something new. Student involvement is about making your Monarch experience memorable.
There are so many ways and options for involvement, start off with just one or two. This helps you test the waters and manage your time. Once you get involved in one area, you will be able to build and expand from there.
The day that the fountain turns blue each year for Homecoming. It is definitively the signal that Homecoming has arrived and I look forward to seeing former students return to ODU.
Student Worker Supervisor. Training student workers to build excellent business skills, provide the best customer service, assist the SET professional staff with projects and assignment. SET office support.
You will build friendships that will last a lifetime. The experiences and skills you learn, will care over and benefit you in whatever career you pursue.
Don't just look, get involved! Find an organization that is related to your future career for hands-on education and networking purposes. Find a second organization that is just for FUN!
HOMECOMING WEEK! It's a time to celebrate ODU life to its fullest.
Tracking SET department and student organization budget expenditures. Conducting finance trainings on Monarch Groups for student organization spending. Oversee all travel documents for student organizations.
Creating a tight network of peers and engaging in a community of growth mindset individuals.
Make friends with the people working at ODU, research activities/clubs that excite you, and remain open to all possibilities and opportunities.
Rubbing Big Blue's belly.
- Oversight and management of the day-to-day operations of SET Finance
- Conduct finance trainings
- Ensure compliance requirements are met with SET and student organization purchasing
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Help SET staff and student organizations make effective purchases
Student involvement demonstrates initiative and consistency; and it aids in development, especially as a leader. Not to mention, it will add to your experience and build relationships that will grow beyond the college years.
Now is the time to get to know you! One of the best ways to do that is to join an activity, club or student organization that has your interests, and maybe even one that doesn't. The best and worse that will happen, you'll learn something new, and you'll meet great people you may have otherwise not had the opportunity to meet.
With all of life's to-dos, Activity Hour on Tuesdays and Thursdays is an important reminder to just take time to breathe and enjoy the moment because life really is about all the moments.