Scotland House is located on the Runte Quad along with five other residence halls near the center of campus. This residence hall is just a few steps from Webb University Center, multiple dining options and the Student Recreation Center. In addition, Scotland Scotland offers double rooms with a private bathroom, and has laundry and vending rooms, two study lounges, a TV lounge and kitchen combination, and a large community room located on the first floor.
Scotland is traditionally occupied by freshmen; however, due to occupancy needs, upperclassmen students may be assigned by HRL to this residence hall.
Scotland House features:
- Double occupancy rooms
- Large community room for hanging out with friends
- TV lounge and kitchen combination
- Two study lounges to host a study sessions
|Single gender within room
|1 per 2-3 students
|Residence halls remain open during breaks, with the exception of Winter Break.
On Campus Address:
4701 Elkhorn Ave.
Norfolk, VA 23508
Hall Phone Numbers:
757-683-0252 (Community Desk)
757-683-4268 (Residence Hall Director)
757-683-3989 (Assistant Residence Hall Director)
Residence Hall communities offer 24-hour desk services.
- Adjustable Extra Long Twin Bed (36"x80")
- Closet with clothes rod and shelf
Each bathroom is furnished with one toilet and one shower with a shower curtain/rod. A sink with mirror is provided in each bedroom. One bathroom per 2-3 students.
- 24-hour information desk
- Secured with ODU ID card access
- Housekeeping for community areas
- Laundry rooms
- Kitchenettes on designated floors
- Study spaces & shared lounges on each floor
- Wireless residential community. In lieu of hardwired coaxial cables and ethernet ports, streaming TV service and wireless Internet are available. To use these services, students should verify that their computer is able to connect to WiFi, and that their TV has an HDMI port (a SmartTV is not required).
- Wireless printing
- Movie Streaming
- Vending Machines
Scotland House has a 9-month contract commitment which covers the fall and spring semesters. Each semester is billed separately, due dates are established by the Office of Finance.