Powhatan Apartments border the west side of campus, and are just a short walk from the Elizabeth River boardwalk, sand volleyball court, barbecue grills, and the Sailing Center at Whitehurst Beach. The apartments are also right across the street from the ODU tennis courts.
All apartments house four residents in two fully furnished bedrooms, 1 1/2 bathrooms, carpeted dining room and living room. Powhatan offers a central front desk, multipurpose community room with a full kitchen, and is a great place to enjoy the outdoors at one of many gazebos. There is also a Community Learning Center located in G Tower.
Powhatan is traditionally occupied by upperclassmen students, however due to occupancy needs, freshmen students may be assigned by HRL to this residence hall.
Powhatan Apartments features:
- Double occupancy fully-furnished apartments
- Community Learning Center
- Study spaces to host a study sessions
|Location||Residences on the Elizabeth|
|Hall||Single gender within apartment|
|Room Style||2 double occupancy bedrooms|
|Bathrooms||1 per 2-3 students|
|Dining Plan||Required: Minimum Block 50 meal plan|
|Break Housing||Open over break (Thanksgiving, Winter & Spring)|
On Campus Addresses:
4701 Powhatan Avenue
Norfolk, VA 23508
4601 Powhatan Avenue
Norfolk, VA 23508
Hall Phone Numbers:
757-683-4748 (Community Desk)
757-683-4752 (Residence Hall Director)
757-683-5824 (Assistant Residence Hall Director)
757-683-6489 (Assistant Residence Hall Director)
Residence Hall communities offer 24-hour desk services.
- Adjustable Extra Long Twin Bed (36"x80")
- Walk-in closet with clothes rod and shelf
Each apartment is furnished with 1 1/2 bathrooms. One bathroom features one toilet and one shower with a shower curtain/rod, and sink with mirror. The half bathroom features one toilet and one sink with mirror. One bathroom per two students.
- 24-hour information desk
- Secured with ODU ID card access
- Living and dining area in each apartment
- Full kitchen and 1 1/2 bathrooms in each apartment
- Two large laundry rooms
- Study spaces & shared lounges on each floor
- Covered bike racks
- Housekeeping for community areas
- Wireless residential community. In lieu of hardwired coaxial cables and ethernet ports, streaming TV service and wireless Internet are available. To use these services, students should verify that their computer is able to connect to WiFi, and that their TV has an HDMI port (a SmartTV is not required).
- Wireless printing
- Movie Streaming
- Vending Machines
Powhatan Apartments have a 9-month contract commitment which covers the fall and spring semesters. Each semester is billed separately, due dates are established by the Office of Finance.