School of Accountancy
- Whistleblowing practices and policies
- Factors that motivate or constrain employees from blowing the whistle
- Whistleblowing costs and benefits for target companies
Information Technology & Decision Sciences
- Tips for improving the resilience of your supply chains
- Mapping your supply chains as key for disruption readiness
- Building your own resilience toolkit
Department of Management
Overview of psychological resilience and the benefits to both individuals and organizations. Backed by emerging scientific research in the area, we will:
- Explain two different types of resilience
- Explore six ways to improve your personal resilience
About: This webinar explains how renewable energy investments are changing the way we consume and produce electricity.
- Learn how and why energy production is shifting from non-renewable to renewable sources
- Learn how we, as individuals, community members, and businesses, can better plan for and manage these shifts
- Learn how we can leverage renewable installations to improve eco-system management
Department of Management
- Open innovation is based on openness instead of secrecy, sharing information instead of hoarding, and connecting markets and technologies
- It allows firms to develop new products faster, more efficiently, and with a higher rate of success than the traditional innovation model
- It permits firms to capitalize on the ideas and inventions of others
Department of Management
- What are the major forms and platforms for crowdfunding and how do they work?
- What are the typical campaign elements needed to launch a fundraising effort?
- What does research tell us about the factors known to enhance funding success?
In 2001, Ron Carlee was County manager of Arlington County, VA which had command responsibility for the 9/11 attack on the Pentagon. In this webinar, he will recount how the events actually unfolded and draw lessons for communities and local governments facing the challenges of 2021. The presentation will focus on leadership, values, and inter-organizational relations.
Dr. Yuhong Li discusses:
- Using simulation as an effective tool to conduct what-if analysis and
- Understanding supply chain disruptions and resiliency
- Key factors that influence supply chain resilience
- Strategies for improving maritime supply chain visibility
- Approaches to enhancing disruption readiness
- Best practices in maritime digital ecosystems
Co-hosted with the Loyalty Science Lab, this webinar will present the key loyalty drivers in the retail channel based on scientific research.
The insights will help retailers develop their loyalty strategies based on the retail context, their customer composition, and the current retail environment. Key takeaways:
- Earning customer loyalty through thinking, feeling, and social components of the retail experience
- Balancing frictionless and delight in the retail experience
- Strategic options for successful retail loyalty models
Dr. Ricardo Ungo, Clinical Assistant Professor in Department of Information Technology & Decision Sciences
This webinar focused on the COVID-19 impact on the current cybersecurity landscape in supply chain and maritime industries. Threats, vulnerabilities and mitigation strategies will be addressed, and maritime/supply chain specific challenges discussed.
- Best practices for managing cyber security risks
- Business continuity planning for cyber-attacks
- Key factors in cybersecurity readiness
Successful companies have a well-conceived vision. This webinar introduces practical tools that will help participants (re)affirm their vision, whether for themselves or for the company they lead. The webinar will discuss tools designed to help leaders, aspiring entrepreneurs, as well as those needing direction in their careers. Learn ways to identify and articulate your:
- Core ideology
- Envisioned future
This webinar reviews the evolution of China's political economy and the U.S.-China relationship, explain the trade war and other frictions between China and democracies (especially the U.S.), and help American businesses and policymakers to navigate through the U.S.-China conflict. Topics include:
- What went wrong with China, and where is it going?
- What is the implication of the U.S.-China conflict for businesses?
- What are the policy options for the U.S.?
Recovering from Covid-19
Agile is a mindset for incrementally adding value to products and processes to meet customers' needs. The webinar introduces three practical tools adapted from Agile:
- Daily standups
Covid-19 changes customer preferences, which requires firms to adapt. The webinar presents two practical ways to guide this transformation:
- Value proposition
- Business canvas
Covid-19 has disrupted the way teams initiate newideas. Learn practical ways to leverage this virtual 'new-normal' to become more entrepreneurial. The webinar offers and introduction to:
- Design thinking basics
- Digital tools for each stage of design thinking
COVID-19 is not only a public health concern, it is a decision-making challenge. Uncertainty, risk, and disinformation can influence the decision-making process and lead to undesirable outcomes. In this webinar, we will discuss biases in decision making and how to "think" about strategy in an uncertain economic environment. The webinar lets participants learn about:
- How well do we evaluate risk?
- Availability and recency bias
- Asking the hard questions: strategy vs strategic planning