This Master of Science in Education prepares you for leadership roles in schools and school districts. The program leads to full Commonwealth of Virginia Licensure in Educational Administration and Supervision, Pre-K-12. Your course work will provide conceptual and theoretical knowledge, as well as practical field experience.
Our programs are online and fully live, catering to full-time working professionals
The unique online learning environment enables our students and faculty to engage in a class setting that simulates a face-to-face classroom. In many ways, the courses parallel that of an in-person graduate class
Our courses, offered once a week, are held in the evening during the work week (not on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays).
Education Administrators, Elementary and Secondary School
Plan, direct, or coordinate the academic, administrative, or auxiliary activities of public or private elementary or secondary level schools.
Education Administrators, Postsecondary
Plan, direct, or coordinate research, instructional, student administration and services, and other educational activities at postsecondary institutions, including universities, colleges, and junior and community colleges.
To gain admission, applicants must:
- Meet all University admissions requirements.
- Have an undergraduate grade point average of 2.80 overall and 3.00 in the major.
- Hold a valid teaching license and currently serve in a PK-12 academic position.
- Provide two letters of recommendation, including one from a school administrator.
- Provide a one-page description of your anticipated career path and how this program can help you achieve your professional goals.
- Develop a two-page essay on an instructional or school improvement issue and discuss the implications for school leaders.
- Discuss how your involvement in the cohort program can contribute to furthering the vision and mission of your school organization.
*This degree can lead to the addition of an endorsement in administration and supervision by the Virginia Department of Education for students who hold a valid Virginia teaching license and have three years of successful teaching experience.
Estimated rates for the 2023-24 academic year. Rates are subject to change. Anyone that is not a current Virginia resident will be charged non-resident rates. That includes international students.
Ways to Save
Here are a few ways for you to save on the cost of attending ODU. For more information visit University Student Financial aid
25% Discount for Virginia Public School Employees
Receive a 25% discount off of per-credit tuition.