The ID&T program at the Darden College of Education & Professional Studies provides students with a solid grounding in instructional design, cognitive theory and research to meet these challenges. Our wide variety of course offerings is designed to give the graduate a strong background in both the theory and practice of the field.
- The ID&T provides the flexibility to pursue individual interests.
- The rigorous ID&T course of study prepares graduates for a future in instructional technology in a variety of venues.
- Distance learning program using synchronous and asynchronous technologies.
Postsecondary Teachers, All Other
All postsecondary teachers not listed separately.
Instructional Designers and Technologists
Develop instructional materials and products and assist in the technology-based redesign of courses. Assist faculty in learning about, becoming proficient in, and applying instructional technology.
Computer Occupations, All Other
All computer occupations not listed separately.
Apply principles of psychology to human resources, administration, management, sales, and marketing problems. Activities may include policy planning; employee testing and selection, training and development; and organizational development and analysis. May work with management to organize the work setting to improve worker productivity.
- For admission to this program, individuals should have completed master’s degree in an appropriate discipline from a regionally accredited university. Degrees that are equivalent to a master’s degree such as L.L.B., J.D., and D.D.S. are also acceptable.
- Prospective students should also have prior course work in statistics and instructional technology. If this requirement is not met, then additional course work may be added to the candidate’s graduate program of study at the discretion of the advisor and graduate program director
- Please see prerequisites on the curriculum description for specific.
Estimated rates for the 2023-24 academic year. Rates are subject to change. Anyone that is not a current Virginia resident will be charged non-resident rates. That includes international students.
Ways to Save
Here are a few ways for you to save on the cost of attending ODU. For more information visit University Student Financial aid