Welcome to the Monarch Nation!
During Midyear Monarch Orientation, participants will have the opportunity to connect with the Monarch community including students and staff, complete pre-enrollment tasks, academic advising, and course registration.
All incoming students are also required to complete the pre-enrollment tasks identified on the Admitted Student Checklist found in the MyODU portal.
Midyear Monarch Orientation
Requirements & Expectations
Your admissions deposit must be paid and processed before you will be able to log in to the Monarch Orientation reservation system. Processing typically takes 3 business days for online payments and longer for checks mailed to the University.
If you have questions about your deposit, please contact Admissions at 757-683-3685.
For Spring 2024, Midyear Monarch Orientation will have one virtual and one in-person session. Students can view available dates in the reservation system.
All new students have an AD hold placed on their account. The purpose of this hold is to require all students to meet with an academic advisor to ensure they are enrolling in courses they need and are on track to graduate in a timely manner. The hold is removed during Monarch Orientation, so please do not contact an academic advisor prior to attending orientation.
For students, the cost of orientation programming is included in the $75 New Student Transition Fee, which the University assesses to all new, degree-seeking, non-distance undergraduates. This fee is included on the tuition bill and not assessed at the time of reservation.
There is a $50.00 fee for guests to participate for the in-person Monarch Orientation. This fee is due at the time of registration. Payment is not required for guests age 8 and under. There are no refunds for guests. There is no fee for guests to participate in the virtual Monarch Orientation.
Registering for Monarch Orientation
- Access the Orientation Reservation system.
- Click the green button labeled "Register" under Register for Monarch Orientation.
- Complete steps 1-5 of the Orientation Reservation.
- Step 1 - Student Information: name, preferred name, phone number, email
- Step 2 - Major: This will display the major indicated by the student on the application. Students can change their major in this step.
- Step 3 - Select Your Orientation Date: All available session dates will be displayed.
- Step 4 - Add a Family Member/Guest: Students can add up to 8 family members/guests. There is a $50.00 fee assessed per guest that must be paid at the time of registration.
- Step 5 - Submit: Students will be redirected to review and submit their reservation.
- On the review page, students will review the information that they have entered for steps 1-4 and then be asked to submit or submit and pay for their reservation.
- For students paying for family members/guests, you will be redirected to the payment portal. Students must submit payment within 15 minutes of accessing the payment portal or their reservation will time-out. A reservation is not complete without payment.
Upon submission, students will see a confirmation page and receive a confirmation email to their ODU email.
Access the Orientation Reservation system, click the "Edit Reservation" button, and make adjustments as needed. Students may register up to 8 family members/guests. There are no refunds for guests.
Students wishing to change their major may access the Orientation Reservation system, click the "Edit Reservation" button, and make adjustments as needed. All changes must be submitted through the system. Students will be advised at orientation based on the major listed on their reservation.
Students wishing to change their date may access the Orientation Reservation system, and select an available date.
Students can reschedule their date in the Orientation Reservation system.
If a student is no longer planning to attend the University, please complete the Cancellation of Enrollment form to notify all of the relevant campus offices of the decision to withdraw. Once we have received that notification, we will cancel the Monarch Orientation reservation.
After Registering for Monarch Orientation
Students will receive reminder emails about Monarch Orientation to their ODU student email. Students should monitor their ODU email frequently for information about their transition to ODU.