Admission to the School of Nursing is a competitive process. Applicants for admission to the baccalaureate program in Nursing should apply initially to the Office of Admissions of Old Dominion University to seek admission to the University. Admission to the University does not constitute admission to the School of Nursing.
February 15, 2023 for Fall 2023 class
Submit your Application
Mail your application to:
School of Nursing
Undergraduate Program Coordinator
1881 University Drive STE 169
Virginia Beach, VA 23453
Drop off your application at Virginia Beach Center. An after-hours drop box is available inside the building, just to the left of the main entrance.
- Monday through Friday: 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Sundays: Closed
Applicants for admission to the undergraduate Nursing program must complete prerequisite courses with a grade of "C" or better prior to being admitted to the School of Nursing. In some cases, the admissions committee of the School of Nursing may require additional course work. Transfer students may complete the prerequisite courses at another college or university but are responsible for having transfer credit evaluation completed by Transfer Evaluation Services to determine that transfer courses are equivalent and acceptable to University requirements.
Applicants must complete a School of Nursing Supplemental Application to be considered for admission to the undergraduate Nursing program. The School of Nursing Supplemental Application may be obtained directly from the School of Nursing Academic Advising Office or the School of Nursing website.
The applicant must:
- Apply and be admitted to the University as a degree seeking undergraduate student.
- Submit a School of Nursing Supplemental Application directly to the School of Nursing with photocopies of all previous college transcripts attached. Submit all items in the same envelope. Do not mail transcripts inseparate envelopes to the School of Nursing.
- Have a transfer credit evaluation completed by Transfer Evaluation Service.