Discover Our Focus
The Microdevices and Micromechanics Laboratory is a multidisciplinary research and teaching facility at ODU. Our research group focuses on developing microfluidic-based tactile sensors and investigating biomedical and robotics applications of the developed tactile sensors. By using both analytical and experimental approaches, we aim to tackle technical issues associated with different applications of tactile sensors, facilitate their biomedical and robotics applications, and consequently advance our understanding of biology in the human body, including tissue mechanics and the cardiovascular system.
Our research interests are:
- Microfluidic-based tactile sensors and their biomedical applications
- Tissue mechanics: mechanical characterization of cartilage tissues
- Arterial pulse signal measurements for non-invasively monitoring of the cardiovascular system
- Tumor diagnosis: mechanical characterization of animal tumors
- Tactile sensors and proprioceptive sensors for soft robotics