OFFICIALLY A MONARCH!
One of the most exciting moments for a new student is getting a student ID card. You'll need it to access your residence hall, swipe into classes where professors take attendance, check out library books and attend athletic events. Your ID card carries your door access, meal plan and Flex Points, and can serve as a campus debit card for your Monarch Plus account.
ODUOnline Student ID's
Here is the procedure to receive your ID as an online student:
If you're a fully online student, getting your ODU student ID card is easy. During your advising session with ODUOnline/Distance Learning your photo will be taken and sent to the Monarch Card Center. Your ID will be printed and mailed to your home address within 7 business days.
Where can I use it?
Your new ID card is a multi-functioning campus ID. It allows for access and services throughout the campus and should be carried on you at all times.
- Authorized University facilities
- Residence Hall doors
- Student Recreation Center and ODU Fitness Center
- Admittance to events on campus including select home athletic events
- Classroom swipes for select classes requiring a swipe for attendance
- Campus libraries and Testing Centers
- Printing and copying
- New Feature: PNC Bank account linking
Select business and local events may offer ODU student discounts.
- This account serves as a University prepaid debit account that serves to make purchases at many on-campus locations, including all dining locations, select vending machines, select printers, the University Bookstore, Monarch Techstore, the Health Center, and more.
- Monarch Plus purchases can be made at select off-campus locations.
- Meal Plans are ODU's way for students to purchase food on campus, per semester.
- Flex Points are tax-free points to be used at select Monarch Dining locations.
Manage Your University ID Card
Check meal balances and view transaction history online through the secure web portal.
Update or replace your ID card, or disable your account if it is lost/stolen.
University prepaid debit account that can be used on and off campus.
Card holders can issue a request for refunds from the University Card Center.
University Identification Number
The UIN is a unique 8-digit number used to identify student and employee records.
How to obtain a new employee ID card