Sheila K. Keener is an Assistant Professor of Management at Old Dominion University. She completed her Ph.D. in Business from Virginia Commonwealth University and has an M.S. in Industrial/Organizational Psychology from Radford University. Her research focuses on human resources topics including compensation and selection. In addition, she studies a variety of issues related to testing and measurement. Her research has been published outlets such as the Journal of Applied Psychology, Organizational Research Methods, and the Journal of Organizational Behavior and presented at top Management and Industrial/Organizational Psychology conferences. Sheila also has consulting experience in the areas of job analysis, selection test development and validation, adverse impact, behavioral interviewing, employee satisfaction, performance management, and training evaluation.
Ph.D. in Business - Management, Virginia Commonwealth University, (2019)
M.S. in Psychology, Radford University, (2013)
B.A. in Psychology, Temple University, (2011)
- Keener, S., Kepes, S. and Torka, A. (2023). The trustworthiness of the cumulative knowledge in industrial/ organizational psychology: The current state of affairs and a path forward. Acta Psychologica 239.
- Cortina, J. M.., Dormann, C., Markell, H. M. . and Keener, S. (2023). Endogenous moderator models: What they are, what they aren’t, and why it matters. Organizational Research Methods 26 , pp. 499-523.
- Kepes, S., Keener, S. K., McDaniel, M. A. and Hartman, N. S. (2022). Questionable research practices among researchers in the most research‐productive management programs. Journal of Organizational Behavior 43 , pp. 1190-1208.
- Bennett, A. A., Campion, E., Keeler, K. R. and Keener, S. K. (2021). Videoconference fatigue? Exploring changes in fatigue after videoconference meetings during COVID-19. Journal of Applied Psychology 106 , pp. 330-344.
- Cortina, J. M., Sheng, Z., Keener, S. K., Keeler, K. R., Grubb, L. K., Schmitt, N., Tonidandel, S., Summerville, K., Heggestad, E. and Banks, G. C. (2020). From alpha to omega and beyond!: A look at the past, present, and (possible) future of reliability assessment in the Journal of Applied Psychology. Journal of Applied Psychology 105 , pp. 1351-1381.
- Kepes, S., Banks, G. C. and Keener, S. K. (2020). The TOP factor: An indicator of quality to complement journal impact factor. Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice 13 , pp. 328-333.
- Kepes, S., List, S. K. and McDaniel, M. A. (2018). Enough talk, it’s time to transform: A call for editorial leadership for a robust science. Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice 11 , pp. 43-80.
- McDaniel, M. A., List, S. K. and Kepes, S. (2016). The “hot mess” of situational judgment test construct validity and other issues.. Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice 9 , pp. 47-51.
- Keener, S., Keeler, K. R.., Sheng, Z. and Koehler, T. (2023). Understanding the complexities of translating measures: A guide to improve scale translation quality SAGE Handbook of Survey Development and Application.
- Bennett, A. A., Campion, E. and Keener, S. K. (2020). Anxiety and stress in the workplace State of the Region Report 2020 Dragas Center for Economic Analysis and Policy.
- Keener, S., Kepes, S. and McDaniel, M. A.. (2017). Sensitivity analysis on the relations between extrinsic rewards and intrinsic motivation Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings.
- McDaniel, M. A., Keener, S. and Kepes, S. (April , 2023). Toward the prediction of narcissistic behavior at work Poster Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology Boston, MA.
- 2021: Early Educator Institute, Management and Organizational Behavior Teaching Society