ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR & CHAIR
- Women's Issues
- media; popular culture; sexuality
- Groeneveld, E., and Thrift, S. (2018). Introduction. Continuum: Journal of Media and Cultural Studies
- Groeneveld, E. (2018). Letters to the Editor as "Archives of Feeling": On Our Backs Magazine and the Sex Wars. American Periodical Studies
- Groeneveld, E. (2018). Remediating Pornography: The On Our Backs Digitization Debate. Continuum: Journal of Media and Cultural Studies pp. 1-11.
- Groeneveld, E., and Thrift, S. C. (2018). Thinking beyond backlash: remediating 1980s activisms. Continuum, 32 (1), pp. 1-6.
- Groeneveld, E. (2015). Are We All Pussy Riot?: On Narratives of Feminist Return and the Limits of Transnational Solidarity.. Feminist Theory, 16 (3), pp. 289-307.
- Groeneveld, E. (2010). 'Join the Knitting Revolution': Third-Wave Feminist Magazines and the Politics of Domesticity. Canadian Review of American Studies, 40 (2), pp. 259-278.
- Groeneveld, E. (2009). 'Be a Feminist, Or Just Dress Like One': BUST, Fashion, and Feminism as Lifestyle. Journal of Gender Studies, 18 (2), pp. 177-190.
- Groeneveld, E., Authers, B., Jackson, E., Mündel, I., and Stewart, J. (2007). Introduction. Academic Activism, Special Issue of The Review of Education, Pedagogy and Cultural Studies, 29 (4), pp. 311-17.
- Groeneveld, E. (2016). Making Feminist Media: Third-Wave Magazines on the Cusp of the Digital Age. Waterloo, Ontario: Laurier University Press.
- Groeneveld, E. (2013). Crafting Publics in Feminist Periodicals.Modern Print Activism in the United States (pp. 205-220). Burlington, VT: Ashgate Press.
- Groeneveld, E. (2011). 'Not a Postfeminism Feminist': Feminism's Third Wave.Not Drowning, But Waving: Women, Feminism, and the Liberal Arts (pp. 271-284). Edmonton, AB: University of Alberta Press.
- Groeneveld, E. (December, 2016). FEMEN’s Fame and Feminist Shame: Intersectional Feminist Response to FEMEN Paper presented at Crossroads in Cultural Studies Sydney, Australia.
- Groeneveld, E. (December, 2016). “‘I Really Don’t Understand’: Pedagogies of Pleasure in On Our Backs Paper presented at Mapping the Magazine Sydney, Australia.
- Groeneveld, E. (May, 2015). HUES Magazine, the Politics of Alliance and Critical Multiculturalism Paper presented at Publishing Feminisms Banff, Alberta.
- 2017: Archives and the Digital Afterlife of Social Movement Media. Summer Research Fellowship Program, Old Dominion University
- 2017: Finalist, Forward INDIES Book Prize for Making Feminist Media: Third-Wave Magazines on the Cusp of the Digital Age, Forward INDIES Book Prize
- 2017: Honorable Mention, Research Society for American Periodicals
- 2014: Nominated for the H. Noel Fieldhouse Award for Distinguished Teaching, McGill Univeristy
- 2013: Nominated for the H. Noel Fieldhouse Award for Distinguished Teaching, McGill Univeristy
- 2012: Zine-Making Residency at the Roberts Street Social Center and Anchor Zine Library, Halifax, NS, for the completion of The Sex Project; or, How I Got Into Women’s Studies zine, Roberts Street Social Center
- 2007: Ontario Graduate Scholarship
- 2005: Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council Doctoral Fellowship, Sciences and Humanities Research Council
- 2005: University of Guelph Graduate Scholarship, University of Guelph
- 2001: Bagnani Entrance Award, Trent University
- 2001: Rosalind Hyman Blauer Award, Brock University
- 2000: Melvin Perlman Award, Brock University