Sociology & Criminal Justice
6004 BATTEN ARTS & LETTERS
- Kang, J. (2022). Spanking and children's early academic skills: Strengthening causal estimates. Early Childhood Research Quarterly 61 , pp. 47-57.
- Kang, J. and Whitaker, I. (2021). Mexican-Origin Children's Educational Expectations and Academic Performance: Disparities Across Maternal Legal Status and Children’s Immigrant Generation. Population Research and Policy Review , pp. 1–26.
- Kang, J., Cohen, P. N. and Chen, F. (2021). Latinx Families’ Extended Household Structures and Child Behavioral Problems across Mother’s Immigrant Status in Los Angeles. Child Indicators Research 14 (1) , pp. 95-116.
- Kang, J. (2019). Do Co-ethnic concentrated neighborhoods protect children with undocumented parents? Focusing on child behavioral functioning. Social Science Research 81 , pp. 132-143.
- Kang, J. and Cohen, P. N. (2018). Household Extension and Employment Among Asian Immigrant Women in the United States. Journal of Family Issues 39 (1) , pp. 128-154.
- Kang, J. (2019). Do Extended Family Members Protect Children from Disadvantaged Neighborhoods? Focusing on Behavioral Problems of Children. Child & Youth Care Forum , pp. 1-21.
- Kang, J. and Cohen, P. N.. (2017). Extended kin and children's behavioral functioning: Family structure and parental immigrant status. Social Science & Medicine 186 , pp. 61 - 69.