Dr. Brett Cook-Snell
4120 EDUCATION BULDING II
Dr. Cook-Snell is a lecturer within the STEM-PS department of the college of education. He uses his PhD in instructional design and technology to inform his teaching. He currently lives in Norfolk, VA, with his husband, Mark Snell-Cook and their two corgis, Alexander Jack and Atari.
M.Ed. in Individualized Degree Plan, Regent University, (2008)
B.A. in Religious Studies, Regent University, (2007)
Dr. Cook-Snell’s research interest is universal design for learning focusing on how best to implement accessible instruction for those differently abled and the impact of serious games on student performance.
- Adcock, A. B., Watson, G. S., Cook-Snell, B. and Sovay, M. (October , 2010). Computer Agents Teaching Helping Interactions Effectively (CATHIE): An Agent-based Training System Designed to Teach Empathetic Communication Skills Paper The Annual Conference of the Association for Educational Communications and Technology Anaheim, CA..
- Adcock, A. B., Watson, G. S. and Cook-Snell, B. (November , 2011). Effects of Experience on Learning from a Counseling Simulation: Ideas about Fidelity and Design Paper The Annual Conference of the Association for Educational Communications and Technology Jacksonville, FL.
- Adcock, A. B., Cook-Snell, B., Newcomb, T., Downs, J. and Craigen, L. M. (October , 2012). Designing Cross-Cultural training for Dental Hygiene Students Using an Avatar-Mediated Simulation Paper The Annual Conference of the Association for Educational Communications and Technology Louisville, KY.
- Stefaniak, J., Luo, T., Cook-Snell, B. and Scott-Brown, J. ( 2017). Instructional design considerations for the diffusion and adoption of OERs. Oral Presentation ODU faculty summer institute on Open Educational Resources Norfolk, VA..
- 2015: Shining Star Award , Old Dominion University
- 2013: Alan Mandell Endowed Award in Instructional Design , Old Dominion University
- 2013: Darden College of Education Dissertation Fellowship , Old Dominion University
- 2009: School of Education Barnabas Award , Regent University
- 2007: Outstanding Bachelor of Arts Undergraduate Student , Regent University