Dr. Collins has applied, both academically and practically, analytical techniques to a variety of practical Operations Research problems with a focus on Agent-based Modeling and Simulation (ABMS). These projects include an award-winning investigation into the foreclosure contagion effect.
Ph.D. in Operations Research, University of Southampton, (2009)
M.Sc. in Operations Research, University of Southampton, (2001)
B.A. in Mathematics, University of Oxford, (2000)
Contracts, Grants and Sponsored Research
- Collins, A. "Risk factor assessment for NNS" $73794.00 . Federal. June, 2017 - February, 2018
Agent-based Modeling and Simulation, Game Theory, and Analytics
- Collins, A. (2018). Strategic group formation in agent-based simulation. Simulation 94 (3) , pp. 179-193.
- Bido, D. V. (2017). The effect of neighborhood density and GIS layout on the foreclosure contagion effect. Journal of Housing Research 26 (2) , pp. 137-155.
- Collins, A. (2016). An improvement selection methodology for Key Performance Indicators. Environment, Systems and Decisions 36 (2) , pp. 196-208.
- Collins, A. (2015). Analysis of the Cost of Emergency Managers’ Meeting Load: A Hampton Road Case-study. Journal of Homeland Security and Emergency Management 12 (1) , pp. 169-191.
- Collins, A. (2015). Call to Arms: Standards for Agent-based Modeling and Simulation. Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation 18 (3) , pp. 12.
- Elize, T. (2015). Conceptualizing Intragroup and Intergroup Dynamics Within a Controlled Crowd Evacuation. Journal of Emergency Management 13 (2) , pp. 109-120.
- Collins, A. (2015). Exploring a Toll Auction Mechanism Enabled By Vehicle-To-Infrastructure Technology. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board 2530 , pp. 106-113.
- Collins, A. J. (2015). Mortgage Modification and the Decision to Strategically Default: A Game Theoretic Approach. Journal of real Estate Research 37 (3) , pp. 439-470.
- Collins, A. (2014). Applying Reinforcement Learning to an Insurgency Agent-based Simulation. The Journal of Defense Modeling and Simulation: Applications, Methodology, Technology 11 (4) , pp. 353-364.
- Collins, A. (2014). Generic Incident Model for Use in Large-Scale Evacuation Simulations. Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board 2459 , pp. 11-17.
- Collins, A. (2013). Applying Latin hypercube sampling to agent-based models: Understanding foreclosure contagion effects. International Journal of Housing Markets and Analysis 6 (4) , pp. 422-437.
- Gangel, M. (2013). Exploring the foreclosure contagion effect using agent-based modeling. Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics 46 (2) , pp. 339-354.
- Gangel, M. (2013). Latin Hypercube Sampling and the Identification of the Foreclosure Contagion Threshold. Journal of Behavioral Finance 14 (2) , pp. 149-159.
- Collins, A. (2013). Learning competitive dynamic airline pricing under different customer models. Journal of Revenue & Pricing Management 12 (5) , pp. 416-430.
- Collins, A. (2013). Simulation and mathematical programming decision-making support for smallholder farming. Environment Systems and Decisions 33 (3) , pp. 427-439.
- Seiler, M. (2013). Strategic Mortgage Default in the Context of a Social Network: An Epidemiological Approach. Journal of Real Estate Research 35 (4) , pp. 445-475.
- Collins, A. (2012). Comparing Reinforcement Learning Approaches for Solving Game Theoretic Models: A Dynamic Airline Pricing Game Example. Journal of Operational Research 63 (8) , pp. 1165-1173.
- Ezell, B. (2012). Identifying Factors that Influence Terrorist Decisions and Target Selection. Journal of Homeland Security and Emergency Management 9 (1) , pp. 8.
- Ezell, B. (2010). Probabilistic Risk Analysis and Terrorism Risk. Risk Analysis 30 (4) , pp. 575-589.