Dr. Bogacki joined Old Dominion University in 1990. He is a co-director or the Calculus Lab and a coordinator of Calculus I (MATH 211) and Calculus II (MATH 212).
Ph.D. in Mathematical Sciences, Southern Methodist University, (1990)
M.S. in Mathematics, Adam Mickiewicz University, (1986)
Contracts, Grants and Sponsored Research
- Bogacki, P. "Faculty Innovator Grant: Developing Interactive Modules for 3D Visualization in Multivariable Calculus" $1,500. Old Dominion University. January 1, 2014 - May 31, 2015
- Melrose, G., Wohl, P. R.. and Bogacki, P. "Development of a Computer-Based Calculus Curriculum" $135,750. State. July 1992 - June 1994
Computer aided geometric design, Numerical solution of initial value problems for ordinary differential equations,Applications of technology in collegiate mathematics
- Bogacki, P. (2005). HINGES-An Illustration of the Gauss-Jordan Reduction. MAA Journal of Online Mathematics with Applications 5.
- Bogacki, P., Weinstein, S. E.. and Xu, Y. (1997). Distances Between Oriented Curves in Geometric Modeling. Advances in Computational Mathematics 7 (1997) , pp. 593-621.
- Bogacki, P. and Shampine, L. F.. (1996). An Efficient Runge-Kutta (4,5) Pair. Computers and Mathematics with Applications 32 (1996) , pp. 15-28.
- Bogacki, P. and Shampine, L. F.. (1989). A 3(2) Pair of Runge-Kutta Formulas. Applied Mathematics Letters 2 (4) , pp. 321-325.
- Bogacki, P. (2019). Linear Algebra: Concepts and Applications. MAA Press: An Imprint of the American Mathematical Society.
- Hass, J., Heil, C., Bogacki, P., Weir, M. D.. and Thomas, Jr., G. B.. (2019). University Calculus, Early Transcendentals, 4th Edition. Pearson.
- Bogacki, P. (1998). Exploring Numerical Methods with Mathcad Electronic Proceedings of The Third International Conference on Technology in Mathematics Teaching, September - October 1997, Koblenz, Germany.
- Bogacki, P. and Weinstein, S. E.. (1998). Generalized Frèchet Distance Between Curves Mathematical Methods for Curves and Surfaces II (pp. 25-32) Nashville, Tennessee: Vanderbilt University Press.
- Bogacki, P. (March , 2018). Developing and Teaching an Online Linear Algebra Class – An Interim Report Paper Thirtieth International Conference on Technology in Collegiate Mathematics Washington, D.C..
- Bogacki, P. (January , 2017). Self-Assessment Homework in an Online Linear Algebra Class Paper 2017 Joint Mathematics Meetings Atlanta, GA.
- Bogacki, P. (April 30, 2015). Interacting with Students During a Mathematics Lecture using Learning Catalytics Richard F. Barry Jr. Seminar Series Norfolk, Virginia.
- Bogacki, P. (April , 2015). Learning Catalytics Activities in Single-variable Calculus Pearson’s Digital Innovations in Education Webinar Series presented online.
- (March , 2013). Surface Integration Computer Activities in Multivariable Calculus Twenty-fifth International Conference on Technology in Collegiate Mathematics Boston, Massachusetts.
- Bogacki, P. (January , 2012). Using Prerequisite Diagnostic Assessment and Tutorials The Provost’s Conversations on Teaching and Learning Norfok, Virginia.
- Bogacki, P. (March , 2009). Using Second Life to Help Improve Students' Understanding of Analytic Geometry and Linear Algebra Concepts Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education 2009 .
- Bogacki, P. (February , 2007). Visualizing Linear Algebra Concepts and Applications Paper Nineteenth International Conference on Technology in Collegiate Mathematics Boston, MA.
- Bogacki, P. (November , 1999). Algorithms for Calculating Distance Between Curves Paper Sixth SIAM Conference on Geometric Design Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Bogacki, P. (September , 1997). Exploring Numerical Methods with Mathcad Paper The Third International Conference on Technology in Mathematics Teaching Koblenz, Germany.
- Bogacki, P. (July , 1997). Generalized Frèchet Distance Between Curves Demonstration Fourth International Conference on Mathematical Methods for Curves and Surfaces Lillehammer, Norway.
- Bogacki, P. (November , 1995). Visualizing Concepts in an Introductory Linear Algebra Course Paper Meeting of the MD/DC/VA Section of MAA Washington, D.C..
- Bogacki, P. (November , 1993). Determining the Distance Between Two Parametric Curves Paper Third SIAM Conference on Geometric Design Tempe, Arizona.
- Bogacki, P. (May , 1990). 1.Parallel Implementation of Interpolants for Explicit Runge-Kutta Pairs Paper International Conference on the Numerical Solution of Volterra and Delay Equations Tempe, Arizona.
- 2015: University Professor designation, Old Dominion University
- 2015: Distinguished Teaching Award - Tenured/tenure-track faculty, College of Sciences, Old Dominion University
- 2008: Distinguished Faculty Teaching Award, College of Sciences, Old Dominion University