Associate Professor/University Professor
Department of Mathematics & Statistics
- Computer aided geometric design, Numerical solution of initial value problems for ordinary differential equations,Applications of technology in collegiate mathematics
- Bogacki, P. (2005). HINGES-An Illustration of the Gauss-Jordan Reduction. MAA Journal of Online Mathematics with Applications, 5,
- Bogacki, P., Weinstein, S. E., and Xu, Y. (1997). Distances Between Oriented Curves in Geometric Modeling. Advances in Computational Mathematics, 7 (1997), pp. 593-621.
- Bogacki, P., and Shampine, L. F. (1996). An Efficient Runge-Kutta (4,5) Pair. Computers and Mathematics with Applications, 32 (1996), pp. 15-28.
- Bogacki, P., and Shampine, L. F. (1989). A 3(2) Pair of Runge-Kutta Formulas. Applied Mathematics Letters, 2 (4), pp. 321-325.
- Bogacki, P. (2019). Linear Algebra: Concepts and Applications. MAA Press: An Imprint of the American Mathematical Society.
- Hass, J., Heil, C., Bogacki, P., Weir, M. D., and Thomas, Jr., G. B. (2019). University Calculus, Early Transcendentals, 4th Edition. Pearson.
- Bogacki, P. (1998). Exploring Numerical Methods with Mathcad. ,Electronic Proceedings of The Third International Conference on Technology in Mathematics Teaching, September - October 1997, Koblenz, Germany
- Bogacki, P., and Weinstein, S. E. (1998). Generalized Frèchet Distance Between Curves. ,Mathematical Methods for Curves and Surfaces II (pp. 25-32). Nashville, Tennessee: Vanderbilt University Press.
- Bogacki, P. (March, 2018). Developing and Teaching an Online Linear Algebra Class – An Interim Report Paper presented at Thirtieth International Conference on Technology in Collegiate Mathematics Washington, D.C..
- Bogacki, P. (January, 2017). Self-Assessment Homework in an Online Linear Algebra Class Paper presented at 2017 Joint Mathematics Meetings Atlanta, GA.
- Bogacki, P. (April 30, 2015). Interacting with Students During a Mathematics Lecture using Learning Catalytics presented at Richard F. Barry Jr. Seminar Series Norfolk, Virginia.
- Bogacki, P. (April, 2015). Learning Catalytics Activities in Single-variable Calculus presented at Pearson’s Digital Innovations in Education Webinar Series presented online.
- (March, 2013). Surface Integration Computer Activities in Multivariable Calculus presented at Twenty-fifth International Conference on Technology in Collegiate Mathematics Boston, Massachusetts.
- Bogacki, P. (January, 2012). Using Prerequisite Diagnostic Assessment and Tutorials presented at The Provost’s Conversations on Teaching and Learning Norfok, Virginia.
- Bogacki, P. (March, 2009). Using Second Life to Help Improve Students' Understanding of Analytic Geometry and Linear Algebra Concepts presented at Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education 2009.
- Bogacki, P. (February, 2007). Visualizing Linear Algebra Concepts and Applications Paper presented at Nineteenth International Conference on Technology in Collegiate Mathematics Boston, MA.
- Bogacki, P. (November, 1999). Algorithms for Calculating Distance Between Curves Paper presented at Sixth SIAM Conference on Geometric Design Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Bogacki, P. (September, 1997). Exploring Numerical Methods with Mathcad Paper presented at The Third International Conference on Technology in Mathematics Teaching Koblenz, Germany.
- Bogacki, P. (July, 1997). Generalized Frèchet Distance Between Curves Demonstration presented at Fourth International Conference on Mathematical Methods for Curves and Surfaces Lillehammer, Norway.
- Bogacki, P. (November, 1995). Visualizing Concepts in an Introductory Linear Algebra Course Paper presented at Meeting of the MD/DC/VA Section of MAA Washington, D.C..
- Bogacki, P. (November, 1993). Determining the Distance Between Two Parametric Curves Paper presented at Third SIAM Conference on Geometric Design Tempe, Arizona.
- Bogacki, P. (May, 1990). 1. Parallel Implementation of Interpolants for Explicit Runge-Kutta Pairs Paper presented at International Conference on the Numerical Solution of Volterra and Delay Equations Tempe, Arizona.
- 2015: University Professor designation, Old Dominion University
- 2015: Distinguished Teaching Award - Tenured/tenure-track faculty, College of Sciences, Old Dominion University
- 2008: Distinguished Faculty Teaching Award, College of Sciences, Old Dominion University
Contracts, Grants and Sponsored Research
- Bogacki, P. "Faculty Innovator Grant: Developing Interactive Modules for 3D Visualization in Multivariable Calculus" $1,500. Old Dominion University. January 1, 2014 - May 31, 2015
- Melrose, G.; Wohl, P. R.; Bogacki, P. "Development of a Computer-Based Calculus Curriculum" $135,750. State. July, 1992 - June, 1994