Information Technology & Decision Sciences
- Production and operations management
- Just-In-Time production systems, inventory management, simulation, scheduling
- Ardalan, A., Ardalan, R. K., and Rhiel, G. S. (2022). Abrupt Conversion of Face-to-Face Courses to Online. Journal of Business Disciplines
- Diaz, R., and Ardalan, A. An Effective Priority Rule for CONWIP.
- Ardalan, A., Ardalan, R. K., Rao, S., and Alexander, K. (2019). An information system architecture for ensuring anonymity of student survey responses. International Journal of Information and Learning Technology Impact factor is 1.59, 36 (1), pp. 52-65.
- Rhiel, G. S., Ardalan, A., and Wermus, M. (2016). Theoretical Classification of Factors that Affect Quality of Service in Colleges and Universities' Online Programs. International Journal of Education Research, 11 (1), pp. 54 - 67.
- Ardalan, A., and Diaz, R. (2012). An Evaluation of the NERJIT Priority Rule in a Kanban-Controlled Flowshop. Production and Operations Management, 21 (5), pp. 923-938.
- Ardalan, A., and Diaz, R. (2012). NERJIT: Using Net-requirement Data in Kanban-controlled Jumbled-flow Shops. Production and Operations Management, 21 (3), pp. 606-618.
- Ardalan, A., Haji, R., and Haji, A. (2010). Budgetary Constraints and Idle Time Allocation in Common-Cycle Production with non-zero Setup Time. Journal of Industrial and Systems Engineering, 4 (1), pp. 18-32.
- Diaz, R., and Ardalan, A. (2010). An Analysis of Dual-Kanban Just-In-Time Systems in a Non-repetitive Environment. Production and Operations Management, 19 (2), pp. 233-245.
- Ardalan, A., and Ardalan, R. K. (2009). A Data Structure for Supply Chain Management Systems. Industrial Management and Data Systems, 109 (1), pp. 138-150.
- Ardalan, A., Ardalan, R. K., and Coppage, S. F. (2009). Requirements Analysis and Implementation: Converting a Student Survey of Faculty Teaching System from Paper-based to Web-based. Journal of Cases in Information Technology, 11 (2), pp. 1-11.
- Coppage, S. F., Ardalan, R. K., Ardalan, A., and Crouch, W. (2007). A comparison of student feedback obtained through paper-based and web-based surveys of faculty teaching. British Journal of Educational Technology, 38 (6), pp. 1085-1101.
- Ardalan, A. (1997). A Simulation Analysis of Local Decision Rules in a Dual-Kanban Flowshop. Decision Sciences, 38 (1), pp. 195-212.
- Ardalan, A., and Diaz, R. (2010). A comparison of modified Just-In-Time production system with CONWIP. (pp. 75-79). The Annual meeting of the Industrial Simulation Conference.
- Crouch, W., Ardalan, R. K., Coppage, S. F., and Ardalan, A. (2005). Teaching Assessment and Administration.. European Applied Business Research Conference.
- Ardalan, A., and Diaz, R. (2005). Analysis of Global and Local Decision Rules in a Dual Kanban Job Shop.. 26th National Conference of American Society of Engineering Management.
- Ardalan, A. (2005). Scheduling Policies in an Assembly Environment With Earliness and Tardiness.. 26th National Conference of American Society of Engineering Management.
- Ardalan, A., and Ardalan, R. K. (2002). An Information Systems Tool for Managing Hospital Operating Rooms.. International Conference on the Hospital of the Future.
- Ardalan, A., and Ardalan, R. K. (2001). Development of Data Structures/File Organization Methods For Managing Resources,.. Decision Sciences Institute.
- Rhiel, G. S., Ardalan, A., and Wermus, M. Five Dimensions of Quality of College Courses Oral Presentation presented at 2011 IADPAB Conference.
- Ardalan, A., and Diaz, R. (2010). CONWIP and Net-Requirement CONWIP: A Simulation Study presented at International Conference on Operations Research.
- Ardalan, A., and Diaz, R. (August, 2008). A heuristic to enhance performance of kanban-controlled JIT job shops presented at The Third World Conference on Production and Operations Management.
- Ardalan, A. (May, 2008). The effect of withdrawal cycle time on total cost in dual kanban JIT systems presented at 19th annual conference of Production and Operations Management Society.
- Coppage, S. F., Ardalan, A., and Ardalan, R. K. (October, 2007). International Academy of Business and Public Administration Disciplines presented at International Academy of Business and Public Administration Disciplines New Orleans.
- Ardalan, A., and Diaz, R. (July, 2007). A Simulation Analysis of Local and Global Priority Rules in Job Shops presented at International INFORMS.
- 2012: College of Business Outstanding Faculty Research Award, College of Business
- 2010: Old Dominion University Teaching With Technology Award, Old Dominion University
Contracts, Grants and Sponsored Research
- Rabadi, G.; Ardalan, A. "A Simulation-based Cost Modeling for Assembly Flow Shop Just-In-Time Problems" $11,000. Old Dominion University. May, 2005 - August, 2005