Ph.D. in Business Administration, The University of Arizona, (1983)
M.B.A. in , The University of Arizona, (1979)
Contracts, Grants and Sponsored Research
- Rabadi, G. and Ardalan, A. "A Simulation-based Cost Modeling for Assembly Flow Shop Just-In-Time Problems" $11000. Old Dominion University. May 2005 - August 2005
Just-In-Time production systems, inventory management, simulation, scheduling
- Ardalan, A., Ardalan, R. K. and Rhiel, G. Steven. (2022). Abrupt Conversion of Face-to-Face Courses to Online. Journal of Business Disciplines.
- Ardalan, A., Ardalan, R. K., Rao, S. and Alexander, K. (2019). An information system architecture for ensuring anonymity of student survey responses. International Journal of Information and Learning Technology Impact factor is 1.59 36 (1) , pp. 52-65.
- Rhiel, G. Steven., Ardalan, A. and Wermus, M. (2016). Theoretical Classification of Factors that Affect Quality of Service in Colleges and Universities' Online Programs. International Journal of Education Research 11 (1) , pp. 54 - 67.
- Ardalan, A. and Diaz, R. (2012). An Evaluation of the NERJIT Priority Rule in a Kanban-Controlled Flowshop. Production and Operations Management 21 (5) , pp. 923-938.
- Ardalan, A. and Diaz, R. (2012). NERJIT: Using Net-requirement Data in Kanban-controlled Jumbled-flow Shops. Production and Operations Management 21 (3) , pp. 606-618.
- Ardalan, A., Haji, R. and Haji, A. (2010). Budgetary Constraints and Idle Time Allocation in Common-Cycle Production with non-zero Setup Time. Journal of Industrial and Systems Engineering 4 (1) , pp. 18-32.
- Diaz, R. and Ardalan, A. (2010). An Analysis of Dual-Kanban Just-In-Time Systems in a Non-repetitive Environment. Production and Operations Management 19 (2) , pp. 233-245.
- Ardalan, A. and Ardalan, R. K. (2009). A Data Structure for Supply Chain Management Systems. Industrial Management and Data Systems 109 (1) , pp. 138-150.
- Ardalan, A., Ardalan, R. K. and Coppage, S. F. (2009). Requirements Analysis and Implementation: Converting a Student Survey of Faculty Teaching System from Paper-based to Web-based. Journal of Cases in Information Technology 11 (2) , pp. 1-11.
- Coppage, S. F., Ardalan, R. K., Ardalan, A. and Crouch, W. (2007). A comparison of student feedback obtained through paper-based and web-based surveys of faculty teaching. British Journal of Educational Technology 38 (6) , pp. 1085-1101.
- Ardalan, A. (1997). A Simulation Analysis of Local Decision Rules in a Dual-Kanban Flowshop. Decision Sciences 38 (1) , pp. 195-212.
- Ardalan, A. and Diaz, R. (2010). A comparison of modified Just-In-Time production system with CONWIP (pp. 75-79) The Annual meeting of the Industrial Simulation Conference.
- Crouch, W., Ardalan, R. K., Coppage, S. F. and Ardalan, A. (2005). Teaching Assessment and Administration European Applied Business Research Conference.
- Ardalan, A. and Diaz, R. (2005). Analysis of Global and Local Decision Rules in a Dual Kanban Job Shop 26th National Conference of American Society of Engineering Management.
- Ardalan, A. (2005). Scheduling Policies in an Assembly Environment With Earliness and Tardiness 26th National Conference of American Society of Engineering Management.
- Ardalan, A. and Ardalan, R. K. (2002). An Information Systems Tool for Managing Hospital Operating Rooms International Conference on the Hospital of the Future.
- Ardalan, A. and Ardalan, R. K. (2001). Development of Data Structures/File Organization Methods For Managing Resources, Decision Sciences Institute.
- Rhiel, G. Steven., Ardalan, A. and Wermus, M. ( ). Five Dimensions of Quality of College Courses Oral Presentation 2011 IADPAB Conference .
- Ardalan, A. and Diaz, R. ( 2010). CONWIP and Net-Requirement CONWIP: A Simulation Study International Conference on Operations Research .
- Ardalan, A. and Diaz, R. (August , 2008). A heuristic to enhance performance of kanban-controlled JIT job shops The Third World Conference on Production and Operations Management .
- Ardalan, A. (May , 2008). The effect of withdrawal cycle time on total cost in dual kanban JIT systems 19th annual conference of Production and Operations Management Society .
- Coppage, S. F., Ardalan, A. and Ardalan, R. K. (October , 2007). International Academy of Business and Public Administration Disciplines International Academy of Business and Public Administration Disciplines New Orleans.
- Ardalan, A. and Diaz, R. (July , 2007). A Simulation Analysis of Local and Global Priority Rules in Job Shops International INFORMS .
- 2012: College of Business Outstanding Faculty Research Award, College of Business
- 2010: Old Dominion University Teaching With Technology Award, Old Dominion University