Online Services/Account Request Instructions
Request the following services and accounts at midas.odu.edu:
- Chrome River
- Database Accounts
- Web Time Entry
Instructional and administrative faculty, as well as classified and hourly staff, automatically receive access to the following services when they are hired (you do not need to request these services separately):
- ODU email
- Office 365 cloud services
- University workstations & network access
- Google Apps for faculty/staff
You can request access to Banner data and other services through MIDAS (midas.odu.edu). Requests are automatically routed to the appropriate people for approval. Most accounts are processed within 24 hours.
Request accounts for yourself
Note: This option is not available for all MIDAS users. Some users will need their supervisor to request accounts for them.
- Log into https://midas.odu.edu
- Select 'Account Request' under 'My Account' on the menu.
- Select 'Yourself.' Update your budget code, if necessary. Click 'Next.'
- Select your job function and add any additional accounts that are needed. Click 'Next.'
- Provide justification as to why accounts are needed and click 'Next.'
- Review services in Account Request Summary. Make changes, if needed. Click 'Finish.'
- Your request will be processed and submitted.
Request accounts for someone else
- Log into https://midas.odu.edu.
- Select 'Account Request.'
- Select 'Someone Else' and search for user with their University ID number. Update budget code, if necessary and click 'Next.'
- Enter in contact information for user that will need accounts. Click 'Next.'
- Select user job function and any additional accounts that are needed.
- Enter justification for why user needs accounts.
- Review Account Request Summary and make any necessary changes. Click 'Finish.'
- The Account Request will be processed and submitted.