The Project Management Office (PMO) champions consistent project management practices which help Old Dominion University fulfill its mission and strategic goals. The PMO is a strategic unit which promotes and advances Project Management principles and services. The PMO facilitates the processes around the intake, prioritization and monitoring of IT projects and the use of best practices of project management across all projects.
The Project Management Office also oversees the onboarding of new software and services into the ODU network environment, to ensure that new programs are secure and compatible with existing software.
What We Do
IT Governance Services
- Facilitate Project selection
- Provide Project Portfolio Information to all branches of IT Project Governance
- Make Project Portfolio information available on the WEB
- Administrate GamePlan
- Champion ITS Portfolio Management through outreach
- Look for opportunities of process improvement
Project Management Services
- Manage Projects
- Audit Projects
- Mentor Project Managers
- Facilitate the Project Management Team
- Provide Training for our Project Managers
- Champion ITS Project Managers
Service Onboarding and New Software
- Facilitate the Software Decision Analysis Process
Project Management Teams
Project Review Team
The Project Review Team is comprised of ITS Functional Team Managers and the PMO Office. The team meets twice a month to review new project requests and evaluate the entire ITS portfolio.
Software Review Team
The New Software/Service Onboarding Review Team has representatives from the PMO and Information Systems Security, who review new software before it is purchased for security and integration with ODU infrastructure and data.
Project Management Team
The Project Management Team is comprised of ITS Project Managers, who meet once a month. It's mission is to:
- Serve as change agents for improving the effectiveness of the ITS organization. The group recommends and leads efforts to improve the effectiveness of the organization;
- Foster collaboration across ITS. The group participates in professional development workshops that strengthen relationships, and which enhance management and leadership competencies among members;
- Provide cross-organizational communication for ITS projects and operational issues. The group will provide a forum to review projects in GAMEPLAN.