IT Project Governance
IT project governance is the framework within which projects are requested, selected, prioritized and monitored.
- Alignment of IT strategic planning with the overall strategic vision of Old Dominion University.
- Delivery of systems and services that are essential to the operation of the University.
Before submitting requests
Note: If you are requesting new software or service, a Software Analysis is required. You can contact the ITS Project Management Office at 757-683-3189 or firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate the process.
Users who wish to request a project must be prepared to:
- State the problem, issue or opportunity this project addresses.
- Describe at a high level what needs to be accomplished.
- Describe the products, services or processes that this project will create.
- Provide metrics for project success that can be measured later.
- Identify the strategic goals that this project helps achieve.
After a request is submitted
The Project Management Office then reviews the request for completeness, and forwards those that pass preliminary evaluation to a Project Review Team (PRT).
Project Review Team
The Project Review Team (PRT) is responsible for evaluating project requests. The team consists of representatives from key functional areas across ITS.
Their responsibilities include:
- Evaluation of requests to determine compatibility with IT environment, technical feasibility, possibility of meeting schedule, and availability of required resources.
- Documentation any risks, issues and concerns related to requests.
- Classification of requests as Tier 1, 2 or 3 based on Project Classification guidelines.
- Assignment of high, medium or low priority based on known information.
- Following up with project requestor when additional information is required.
- Assignment of a project manager.
- Conversion of Tier 1 requests into projects immediately.
- Forwarding of Tier 2 and 3 requests to the CIO for approval.