Ph.D. in Biomedical Sciences, Old Dominion University and Eastern Virginia Medical School, (2000)
B.S. in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Philadelphia College of Pharmacy and Science, (1992)
Contracts, Grants and Sponsored Research
- McCoy, P. A. "ODU Faculty Innovator Grant" $3,000. 2012 - 2012
biochemistry, molecular biology
- McCoy, P. A., Shao, Y., Wolpert, C. M., Donnely, S. L., Ashley-Koch, A., Abel, H. L., Ravan, S. A., Abramson, R. K., Wright, H. H., DeLong, G. R., Cuccaro, M. L., Gilbert, J. R. and Pericak-Vance, M. A. (2002). No association between the WNT2 gene and autistic disorder. American Journal of Medical Genetics 114 , pp. 106-109.
- McCoy, P. A., Sherman, N. and Moen, L. K. (2001). Proteolytic processing of the HTLV-1 Reverse Transcriptase: identification of the N-terminal cleavage site by mass spectrometry. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 392 , pp. 93-102.
- McCoy, P. A., Li, L., Zaritsky, A., Morris, A. and Miles, M. (1996). Development of a fluorescence polarization immunoassay for lorazepam quantification. Therapeutic Drug Monitoring 18 , pp. 194-199.
- 2017: First Year Scholars Outstanding Advisor,
- 2013: ODU Advisor of the Year, College of Sciences, Old Dominion University