Ph.D. in Organization & Management, Emory University, (2017)
Contracts, Grants and Sponsored Research
- Chen, L. "ODU Summer Research Fellowship" $6,000. Old Dominion University. May 16, 2022 - August 15, 2022
- Lall, S., Chen, L. and Mason, D. Digital Platforms and Entrepreneurial Support: A Field Experiment in Online Mentoring. Small Business Economics.
- Mason, D., Chen, L. and Lall, S. (2021). Can Institutional Support Improve Volunteer Quality? An Analysis of Online Volunteer Mentors. VOLUNTAS: International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations.
- Lall, S., Chen, L. and Roberts, P. W. (2020). Are we accelerating equity investment into impact-oriented ventures?. World Development 131.
- Lall, S., Chen, L. and Davidson, A. (2019). The Expat Gap: Equitable Access to Grant Financing for Entrepreneurship in International Development. Public Administration Review.
- Chen, L. and Thompson, P. (2016). Skill Balance and Entrepreneurship Evidence from Online Career Histories. Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice 40 (2) , pp. 289-305.
- Chen, L. and Roberts, P. W.. (2013). Founders and the Social Performance of B Corporations Academy of Management Proceedings.
- Islam, H. and Chen, L. (August , 2022). Founding Team Human and Financial Capital and Strategic Reorientation Paper Academy of Management Annual Conference 2022 Seatle.
- Chen, L. (July , 2022). International, Transnational, and Transitional Entrepreneurship in an Uncertain World: A Future Research Agenda Oral Presentation AIB 2022 Miami Conference Miami.
- Chen, L. (June , 2021). Neighborhood Businesses in Majority-black Neighborhoods: Something Happens "On The Way To The SBA" Oral Presentation 2021 Transitional Entrepreneurship Colloquium Virtual.
- Mason, D. and Chen, L. (April 9, 2021). Can Institutional Support Improve Volunteer Quality? An Analysis of Online Volunteer Mentors Oral Presentation 2021 West Coast Nonprofit Data Conference Virtual.
- Chen, L. (October 10, 2020). Gain Strategic Alignment Oral Presentation Association Leadership Masterclass .
- Lall, S., Chen, L. and Mason, D. (September 2, 2020). An Experimental Test of Online Entrepreneur Mentoring Programs Paper International Social Innovation Research Conference .
- Mason, D., Chen, L. and Lall, S. (November 23, 2019). An Experimental Test of Online Mentoring Programs Paper 2019 ARNOVA Conference San Diego, CA.
- Chen, L., Islam, H. and Lee, S. (October , 2019). Patenting Strategies of Early-Stage Ventures and the Moderating Influences of Institutional Contexts Paper 2019 Meeting of the Southern Management Association Norfolk, VA.
- Chen, L., Miller, A., Lall, S. and Roberts, P. W.. (September 26, 2019). Accelerators as Filters: Exploring the Ordering Effect of Impact-Oriented Accelerators Paper Econocomic Sociology Conference Atlanta, GA.
- Chen, L. and Islam, H. (June 14, 2019). Patenting Strategies of New Ventures and the Moderating Influences of Institutional Contexts Paper GALI Research Colloquium - Accelerating and Incubating Early-Stage Ventures Norfolk, VA.
- Chen, L., Lall, S. and Roberts, P. W.. (August 14, 2018). Would It Have Happened Anyway? Isolating the Effects of Entrepreneur Accelerators on Early-Stage Investment Paper Academy of Management Annual Conference 2018 Chicago.
- Chen, L., Pandey, S. and Lall, S. (August 13, 2018). Demystifying Early-Stage Entrepreneurs' Perceived Resource Needs: The Role of Resource Endowments, Overconfidence, and Gender Paper Academy of Management Annual Conference 2018 Chicago.
- Roberts, P. W.., Chen, L. and Lall, S. (June 11, 2018). Are We Accelerating Investment Into Impact-Oriented Ventures...And Would It Have Happened Anyway? Paper 2018 SE@G Research Colloquium: Accelerating and Incubating Early-Stage Entrepreneurs Eugene, OR.
- Chen, L., Lall, S. and Pandey, S. (March 3, 2018). What Matters for Promoting Women Entrepreneurs: Increasing Resource Availability or Fostering Entrepreneurial Confidence? Paper 2018 Sustainability, Ethics, and Entrepreneurship Conference Washington D.C..
- Lall, S., Chen, L. and Pandey, S. (November 16, 2017). Social Entrepreneurs and the Appeal of Accelerators: Does Gender Matter? Paper Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Action (ARNOVA) 46th Annual Conference Grand Rapids, MI.
- Lall, S., Chen, L. and Roberts, P. W.. (June , 2017). Are We Accelerating Investment Into Impact-Oriented Ventures...And Would It Have Happened Anyway? Paper Darden & Cambridge Judge Entrepreneurship and Innovation Research Conference Cambridge Judge Business School.
- 2019: Shining Star Award, Old Dominion University