Ph.D. in Management, University of Alabama, (2020)
M.B.A. in Leadership & Ethics and Strategy, Fuqua School of Business, Duke University, (2008)
B.S. in Computer Science and Psychology, Vanderbilt University, (2002)
- Change Management
- Sponsoring Organization: Prosci
- Date Obtained: 2012-01-01
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Sponsoring Organization: Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Date Obtained: 2009-01-01
- Irwin, K. and McDowell, W. (2023). How Can Women Entrepreneurs Overcome Funding Challenges: The Role of Digitalization and Innovation . Venture Capital, An International Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance.
- Irwin, K., Gilstrap, C., Drnevich, P. and Sunny (2023). The acquisition of capabilities: How firms use dynamic and ordinary capabilities to manage uncertainty. Journal of Organization & Management 28 (3) , pp. 564-586.
- Bachrach, D., Vlachos, P., Irwin, K. and Morgeson , F. (2022). Does "How" Firms Invest in CSR Matter? An Attributional Model of Job Seekers Reactions to Configurational Variation in CSR. Human Relations 75 (3) , pp. 532–559.
- Irwin, K., Gilstrap, C., McDowell, W., Drnevich, P. and Gorbett, A. (2022). How knowledge and uncertainty affect strategic international business investment decisions: Implications for cross-border mergers and acquisitions. Journal of Business Research 139 , pp. 831-842.
- Irwin, K., Collin, G., Drnevich, P. and Tudor, C. (2019). From start-up to acquisition: Implications of financial investment trends for small- to medium-sized high-tech enterprises.. Journal of Small Business Strategy 29 (2) , pp. 22-43.
- Irwin, K., Karen, L., Aaron, J., McDowell, W., Marino, L. and Geho, P. (2018). Entrepreneurial Orientation (EO) and Human Resources (HR): A “HERO” combination? Effects on SME performance. Journal of Business Research 90 , pp. 134-140.
- Doyle, R., Irwin, K., Josie, B., Drnevich, P. and Armstrong, C. (2022). Exploring new venture creation through incubators and accelerators: What value is created and who captures it? Implications for research, teaching, and practice Research Handbook of Strategic Entrepreneurship (pp. 82-105) Edwards Edgar Publishing.
- Irwin, K. and Arena, D. (September , 2021). Leveraging Adaptive Capacity: The Stories of Resilience and Passion for Redefining Success by Female Entrepreneurs Paper Strategic Management Society Virtual.
- Irwin, K., Armstrong, C. and Drnevich, P. (September , 2021). Reexamining the relationship between theory and phenomenon in mergers and acquisitions (M&A) research and practice Paper Strategic Management Society Virtual.
- Irwin, K. (August , 2021). PDW: How to succeed on the Job Market: Negotiations Lecture Academy of Management Annual Conference Virtual.
- Irwin, K. ( 2020). Learning and Innovation in M&A Processes Paper Academy of Management Annual Conference Virtual.
- Landay, K., Arena, D., Irwin, K., Recendes, T., Reid, S., Brady, G., Brady, J. and Tribble, L. ( 2020). We Got by with a Little Help: Recent Perspectives on the Academic Job Market: Recent Perspectives on the Academic Job Market Oral Presentation Academy of Management Annual Conference Virtual.
- Doyle, R., Irwin, K., Drnevich, P. and Armstrong, C. (October , 2020). New Venture Creation through Incubators and Accelerators: What Value Is Created and Who Captures It? Implications for Research, Teaching, and Practice Paper Strategic Management Society Annual Conference Minneapolis, MN.
- Ring, J. Kirk., Carr, J., Drenvich, P., Irwin, K. and Datta, K. (August , 2020). The Theoretical Implications of practical implications: A qualitative meta-analysis of theories used in entrepreneurship and their stated practical implications. Paper Academy of Management Annual Conference 2020 Virtual.
- Irwin, K., Welbourne, T. and DeSimone, J. (October , 2019). Path to growth: Human capital’s role from initial public offering (IPO) to acquisition Paper Strategic Management Society Annual Conference Minneapolis, MN.
- Irwin, K., Burks, J. and Drnevich, P. (September , 2018). A Review and assessment of the Strategic Management Journal’s Best Paper Award Recipients Paper Strategic Management Society Annual Conference Paris, France.