Our Mission & Goals
The Center for Global Engagement collaborates with faculty in colleges throughout the university on the development and support of partnerships with institutions overseas; the creation of opportunities for students to participate in education abroad through a combination of consortia, bilateral exchanges, and faculty-led programs; and the provision of immigration resources for international faculty and students at ODU, while collaborating with ODU staff and departments to educate the campus community on the needs our diverse international student population.
The mission of the Center for Global Engagement is to create and lead a comprehensive internationalization program at Old Dominion University that encompasses all areas of the University and provides for a diverse, supportive, and sustainable global campus culture.
- Increase Old Dominion University's international connections
- Promote international experiences for ODU faculty, staff, students, and the ODU community
- Provide exceptional service and support to international students, faculty, and staff
- Facilitate and develop international research opportunities for faculty and students
- Partner with all academic units to increase the number of course offerings with international content
- Collaborate with community organizations in identifying international opportunities for economic development
- Design a plan to mobilize and increase the international student and faculty population at ODU
- Contribute to better integration of international students and faculty into the ODU community
Meet the Senior International Officer
Paul Currant, Old Dominion University's senior international officer, punched his ticket as a globetrotter early on, starting with an exchange-student stint in Paris at age 13.