Old Dominion University kicked off the 2019-20 academic year by about 3,100 freshmen during Friday's Move-In Day and Spirit Rally. Scheduled weekend events included Convocation and First Class.
Here are some quick facts about the campus for the Class of 2023:
- ODU has 14 residential communities, with a total of 56 buildings.
- There is about 1.3 million square feet of residential living space.
- The University is home to 13 living-learning communities.
- About 4,800 students, half of whom are freshmen, live in residence halls.
- The University employs more than 275 students as resident assistants, office assistants, desk receptionists and night desk receptionists.
- The campus has four dining halls: Broderick Dining Commons, Whitehurst Hall, Café 1201 in Webb Center and Rogers Café in Rogers Hall. Students living on campus are required to be on a meal plan.
- Old Dominion has 148 buildings across 335 acres.
- The more than 19,000 undergraduate and nearly 5,000 graduate students can join more than 300 student organizations.