The Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science degree completion program (previously medical technology) is available for graduates of accredited associate degree universities and hospital-based or military Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) programs. MLT certification is required for admission. The curriculum is designed to meet the needs of local and distant practitioners. Program courses are delivered online to accommodate the schedules of working students.
Pursue your degree online asynchronously, permitting flexibility for work schedules
No expensive out-of-state tuition fees for out-of-state students
Applicants who completed MLT programs with ODU MLS articulation agreements may exempt selected competency courses
Quality Control Systems Managers
Plan, direct, or coordinate quality assurance programs. Formulate quality control policies and control quality of laboratory and production efforts.
Quality Control Analysts
Conduct tests to determine quality of raw materials, bulk intermediate and finished products. May conduct stability sample tests.
Health Specialties Teachers, Postsecondary
Teach courses in health specialties, in fields such as dentistry, laboratory technology, medicine, pharmacy, public health, therapy, and veterinary medicine.
Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologists
Perform complex medical laboratory tests for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. May train or supervise staff.
- Completed program application form with goals statement
- Official transcripts from all universities and colleges attended
- Overall grade point average
- Biology and chemistry prerequisite cumulative grade point average
- Three letters of recommendation (at least two from current or previous employer and preferably one from an academic source)
- Phone interview after initial pre-screening
- Documentation of certification as a medical laboratory technician, MLT
At ODU, we understand that as a transfer student you have unique needs that require a wide array of campus resources. The Center for Advising Administration and Academic Partnerships aims to create a transfer inclusive culture that supports the successful...
Estimated rates for the 2023-24 academic year. Rates are subject to change. Anyone that is not a current Virginia resident will be charged non-resident rates. That includes international students.
Ways to Save
Here are a few ways for you to save on the cost of attending ODU. For more information visit University Student Financial aid
Additionally, students have the opportunity to apply for the following scholarships sponsored by non-ODU organizations:
- American Proficiency Institute
- Clinical Laboratory Management Association (Tidewater Chapter)
- Alpha Mu Tau Honor Fraternity of the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science (ASCLS)
- American Society for Clinical Pathology