The Leadership major is a flexible academic degree that focuses on characteristics and skills necessary to lead in organizational and social contexts, and emphasizes ethical leadership, legal issues, written and oral communication skills. A goal of this program is to facilitate adult students to complete their degree and as such, there is inherent flexibility in transferring existing credit. A second goal is to provide a valuable program for traditional students who plan to hold leadership positions in a variety of fields.
- Because it is interdisciplinary, this program appeals to wide range of adult, traditional and non-traditional students, including military-affiliated students, who might have vastly different interests and who enter the program with some college credit but may not have completed a degree
- The academic and critical thinking skills taught through the Leadership curriculum are valuable on the job as well as navigating modern changes and challenges.
- The required, 9 credit-hour core of coursework in Interdisciplinary Studies will provide an opportunity for highly motivated students to identify and research a problem of potentially high, local and national significance, and for which to provide new knowledge and wisdom to decision-makers.
- 75% of courses in this major are offered both online and in traditional classroom formats
General and Operations Managers
Plan, direct, or coordinate the operations of public or private sector organizations. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies, managing daily operations, and planning the use of materials and human resources, but are too diverse and general in nature to be classified in any one functional area of management or administration, such as personnel, purchasing, or administrative services.
Human Resources Managers
Plan, direct, or coordinate human resources activities and staff of an organization.
- Online Application
- $50 fee (non-refundable)
- Official High School Transcript or GED Transcript (Freshmen only)
- Official SAT/ACT scores or Apply Test Optional (Freshmen only)
- College transcripts from any other higher education institution (Transfer students only)
At ODU, we understand that as a transfer student you have unique needs that require a wide array of campus resources. The Center for Advising Administration and Academic Partnerships aims to create a transfer inclusive culture that supports the successful...
Estimated rates for the 2023-24 academic year. Rates are subject to change. Anyone that is not a current Virginia resident will be charged non-resident rates. That includes international students.
Ways to Save
Here are a few ways for you to save on the cost of attending ODU. For more information visit University Student Financial aid