The 2020 Student Engagement and Enrollment Services (SEES) Leadership Awards were announced recently during a virtual ceremony.
"Although our spring semester was cut short, it doesn't take away from the great contributions each of you has made to the quality of life at Old Dominion University," said Don Stansberry, interim vice president of SEES.
The winners are:
- Maggi Curry-Williams Quiet Influence Award: Kyle Ogle
- Intercultural Relations Award: Mindy Medrana
- Community Service Award: Alpha Phi Alpha
- Program of the Year: Diwali (Indian Students Association)
- Advisor of the Year: Orlando Ayala (Engineers Without Borders)
- New Member of the Year: Kaley Evans (Student Veterans Association)
- Mentoring Leader Award: Brenda Berumen-Flucker
- Monarch Citizen of the Year: Jemelyn Baldisimo
- Ellen Neufeldt Leader of the Year Award: Elif Esra Cetin
- Student Organization of the Year: Old Dominion University Fishing Club
- Student Success Champions: Terri Mathews and Scott Sechrist
- Housing & Residence Life Brittney Whitehead Outstanding Staff Member: William Pratt
- Recreation & Wellness Sports Clubs Member of the Year Awards: Kailyn Coleman (women's basketball), Charisse Potter (equestrian), Gabriella Levenduski (field hockey), Keith Koch (ice hockey), Dawson Maddock (men's lacrosse), Jack Taylor (men's rugby), Sydney Richard (women's rugby), Andrew Sykes (men's soccer), Caroline Knapp (women's soccer), Avis Keeling (softball), Conor Babington (swimming), Cameron Paris (tennis) and Gabrielle Greaney (women's volleyball)
The finalists for the Kaufman and Evon-Broderick awards were announced.
Candidates for the Kaufman Prize, the highest honor given to a graduating student, are Negus Assefa, Kaitlin DiDomenico, Stephen Greiling, Kayla Hill-Jones, Mariah Johnson, Jamayca Madolid and Jordan Smith. Nominees for the Evon-Broderick Award for Community Engagement and Service are Melvin Roy, Tarnika Edmunds, Darius Womack and Franckline Yapi.
Winners of those awards will be announced at a later date.