This program is designed to provide students with a solid grounding in the history of philosophy and the ability to analyze arguments proposed in serious discussions of any subject. This concentration is designed for students looking to understand the role of religion in human culture and to expand their cultural competency. Students may also choose to minor in religious studies.
- Courses equip you with versatile and marketable skills, including critical thinking, excellent verbal and written communication, and problem-solving
- Students completing Philosophy BAs have the highest average composite GRE scores and either the best or nearly the best law school admission rates
- Our program provides access to real-world experiences such as conferences, clubs, service learning, and summer programs to enhance your resume
- Passionate faculty invest in the success of every student and seek to support a diverse, and inclusive community of philosophical thinkers
Philosophy and Religion Teachers, Postsecondary
Teach courses in philosophy, religion, and theology. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
Equal Opportunity Representatives and Officers
Monitor and evaluate compliance with equal opportunity laws, guidelines, and policies to ensure that employment practices and contracting arrangements give equal opportunity without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.
Reporters and Correspondents
Collect and analyze facts about newsworthy events by interview, investigation, or observation. Report and write stories for newspaper, news magazine, radio, or television.
Conduct religious worship and perform other spiritual functions associated with beliefs and practices of religious faith or denomination. Provide spiritual and moral guidance and assistance to members.
- A student needs to have earned a grade of C or better in ENGL 110C or its equivalent and completed at least 26 credit hours
- It is also recommended the student have completed PHIL 110P, PHIL 120P, PHIL 230E, or PHIL 250E, but it is not required
At ODU, we understand that as a transfer student you have unique needs that require a wide array of campus resources. The Center for Advising Administration and Academic Partnerships aims to create a transfer inclusive culture that supports the successful...
Estimated rates for the 2023-24 academic year. Rates are subject to change. Anyone that is not a current Virginia resident will be charged non-resident rates. That includes international students.
Ways to Save
Here are a few ways for you to save on the cost of attending ODU. For more information visit University Student Financial aid