The mission of the Employees with Disabilities Association (EWDA) is to promote greater involvement and representation of employees with disabilities at Old Dominion University; to advocate about issues related to employees with disabilities, including but not limited to recruitment and retention; to enhance the status and opportunities of employees with disabilities; and to provide networking opportunities and a forum for employees with and without disabilities or accessibility issues.
The Employees with Disabilities Association (EWDA) was established January 2019 to support the needs and interests of employees with disabilities or different abilities at Old Dominion University. The Association shall promote the concerns of the University's employees with disabilities and serve as a voice for this constituency. The Association shall support the mission and integrity of Old Dominion University (ODU).
- Monitor/enhance the recruitment and retention of employees with disabilities.
- Cultivate a sense of community among employees with disabilities.
- Serve as an advocate for employees with disabilities.
- Provide opportunities for social and professional networking.
- Provide a forum for employees with disabilities and allies of the Association to communicate as a unified voice.
- Strengthen communication and collaboration with various campus groups with similar goals and objectives.
- Support outreach initiatives as determined by The Association.