Our professional leadership certificate teaches you the characteristics and skills necessary to lead. Classes focus on organizational/social leadership, and provides students an entry point to the University. It allows students to gain a post-secondary credential that can be folded into the BS IDS Leadership major, if desired.
You'll learn: Leadership theories, legal issues and ethics; Developing leadership skills, personal leadership philosophy and a personal code of ethics; Analyzing legal and ethical decisions and their effect on careers and an organization’s culture; Preparing persuasive analyses and presentations through research.
- The eight-week format for each course is perfect for working adults with busy schedules.
- When you complete the certificate, you'll have crucial skills that employers, organizations, and governments need.
- This certificate is perfect for non-traditional adult learners seeking a leadership role but is open to all.
- It's also a great addition to an associate degree, or a way to take classes which all fold into a BS degree (IDS Leadership major)
Check out these ideas from ODU Career Development Services and the Occupational Information Network (O*NET). A median salary is a midpoint of what people typically earn—half of those surveyed earned above the median salary, and half earned below.
Administrative Services Managers
Plan, direct, or coordinate one or more administrative services of an organization, such as records and information management, mail distribution, facilities planning and maintenance, custodial operations, and other office support services.
Plan, direct, or coordinate the actual distribution or movement of a product or service to the customer. Coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals and establish training programs for sales representatives. Analyze sales statistics gathered by staff to determine sales potential and inventory requirements and monitor the preferences of customers.
- An overall grade point average of 2.0 or above in all courses specified as a requirement for the certificate is required for the award of the certificate.
- Students must complete a minimum of six hours in upper-level courses required for the certificate through courses offered by Old Dominion University.
At ODU, we understand that as a transfer student you have unique needs that require a wide array of campus resources. The Center for Advising Administration and Academic Partnerships aims to create a transfer inclusive culture that supports the successful...
Estimated rates for the 2023-24 academic year. Rates are subject to change. Anyone that is not a current Virginia resident will be charged non-resident rates. That includes international students.
Ways to Save
Here are a few ways for you to save on the cost of attending ODU. For more information visit University Student Financial aid
2110 MONARCH HALL