Test Scoring Forms
There are two standard forms that can be used for the Opscan Test Grading system.These are Form 4521 which is the standard blue 5-response, 200 question form and Form 6703 which is the standard green 10-response, 120 question form. These two standard forms are the only test scoring forms that can be used. Test scoring forms are unique to specific equipment manufacturers. Our equipment make and model only utilizes these two styles of scan sheets.
ITS does not provide blank forms to faculty or students; both of these forms are available at the Old Dominion University Bookstore.
Tips for Administering the Test
- Use a #2 pencil to mark a response.
- No pens or markers should be used.
- Do not bend, fold or tear the forms. Staples, paper clips and careless tears of the forms increase the likelihood that the optical scanning equipment will have trouble reading that form.
- Do not mix blue and green sheets within the same test package.
- Do not write on the margins of the forms. The optical scanning equipment picks up these extraneous marks and interprets them as data. This ultimately causes a problem grading the sheets.
- Fill the bubbles in completely.
- Forms which cannot be read must be hand scored by the instructor. At the completion of the test, instructors should collect all completed answer sheets. The forms should be separated from question sheets and orderly arranged by the instructor to have all sheets face up with all sheets uniform in direction. This enables the sheets to be quickly read through the machine. Paper clips and blank pages must be removed.
- Test sheets should be placed in an envelope for delivery to ITS; scan sheets need to be protected from inclement weather as exposure to moisture makes the sheets unreadable through the equipment.
- Test packets which come to ITS that are not arranged in the proper order will be given back to the instructor to be made ready; ITS Computer Operations does not have available time to collate, reorder and stack test packets.
Submission of Tests for Processing
Test packets should be brought to the ITS Network Operations Center, room 4300 Engineering & Computational Sciences (E&CS) Building.
The instructor must provide a completed OPScan Usage form as cover sheet along with the answer key with each test packet. If utilizing an electronic answer key that has been created, this must be provided on a flash drive and brought to the Network Operations Centers with your Opscans.
Cover sheets are available at the Network Operations Center and have a space to write all information pertaining to the test packet being submitted. This information is used to grade the test packet and route the data to the proper account. Additionally, it allows ITS to properly control the processing and distribution of the test packets.
Instructors must sign in each test packet submitted and must sign out each completed packet. ITS places a normal turnaround processing time of "overnight" on test packets. Tests are processed throughout the day and evening in the computer room. During exam periods, special attention is given to test processing. Normal turnaround processing time during exam week is two (2) hours.
Access to ITS, 4th Floor, E&CS Building is available:
- Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. to 10:15 p.m.
- Saturday: 7:00 a.m. to 5:15 p.m.
- There are no Sunday hours.
Hours subject to change during holidays and summer periods.