Most changes require approval to ensure that the information is accurate, that the changes are consistently updated across all authoritative data sources, and that the request does not conflict with University data or policies.
Most requests require authoritative approval, while some require no approval at all.
|Professional Web Links
You will receive an email when all changes have been processed. Please allow an additional business day for the changes to become visible on your directory page.
While qualifications are not yet available for Classified Staff, you can use the Biography section to add any qualifications you wish to display.
While the Monarch Profile Manager allows you to make cosmetic changes to your name - including changes to your preferred name - you will need to contact Human Resources if you need to make a legal name change.
If your request has been denied, please contact your Web Support Liaison for help.They can find the reason for the disapproval and help you to fix it. After fixing any issues, you must submit a new request for approval.
Common reasons for disapprovals include: spelling errors, incorrect information, inconsistent information, information not properly updated in PAPERS or BANNER first, conflicts with University data or policy, etc.
Yes, but this change does take more time to process; give at least 7-14 days to update.
Since your Monarch Profile is protected by your MIDAS credentials, only you have access to your profile. However, your Web Support Partner/Liaison has administrative access to MPM and can view your profile and submit changes for you on your behalf. You must contact your Web Support Liaison for help with this, as they cannot submit changes to your profile without your permission.
Directory data is not updated in real-time but once changes are made via the authoritative data source, the directory pages will update within 48 hours. To see the refresh intervals for specific attributes, please take a look at the Source Data Matrix.
If you'd like your profile to include a professional photo, you can upload it to MPM for approval.
- Your photo should be professional and recent - this will be the image that appears on your Faculty/Staff Directory page.
- Photo should be a forward-facing headshot.
- Your entire face should be visible in the photo and not obscured in any way. Please do not wear sunglasses, hats, etc.
- Photo should be in focus and of you alone with no one else in the frame. Please do not use a photo of multiple people with the other people cropped out.
- Photos should be taken against a plain surface or background. Professionally shot photographs may be used with a clean clear background or background that does not take away from the headshot. See examples below:
Profile photos should be clean, high-resolution headshots (max. 5MB, jpg/jpeg format, preferably 6x9) taken against a plain background or clean professional background that does not take away from the headshot. You can schedule a headshot with the University Photographer by calling University Relations at 757-683-3114.