Ph.D. in Technical Communication and Rhetoric, Texas Tech University, (2014)
M.A. in English, Old Dominion University, (2004)
B.A. in English, Christopher Newport University, (2002)
- Tucker, V. M. (2019). Virtual Collaboration in Distance Learning Environments: A Case Study. International Journal of Online Pedagogy and Course Design 9 (4) , pp. 18-30.
- Tucker, V. M. (2015). Using Social Media for Student Collaboration. Journal of Faculty Development 29 (2) , pp. 45-56.
- Tucker, V. M. (2013). Facebooking in Distance Education: Constructing Virtual Communities of Practice. CBNU Journal of Educational Research 33 (3).
- Tucker, V. M. (2012). Listening for the squeaky wheel: Designing Distance Writing Program Assessment. Online Journal of Distance Learning Administration 15 (4).
- Tucker, V. M. (2012). How is a forum community like a classroom? A rhetorical analysis of error response in an online discourse community. Computers & Composition Online.
- Tucker, V. M. (2009). Bringing Abnormal Discourse into the Classroom. Praxis: A Writing Center Journal 7 (1).
- Tucker, V. M. (2016). Contact and Interactivity 15 Years Later Writing Studies Online: Dialogues for Stakeholders IGI Global.
- Tucker, V. M. (2015). Communication via Cyberplay at Work, School, and Play Communication and Emerging Media: What's Trending Now .
- Tucker, V. M. (2014). Trimming the Information Practical Composition for the English Classroom from Working Instructors McFarland.
- Tucker, V. M. (2013). From Gamers to Grammarians: How Online Gaming is Changing the Nature of Digital Discourse in the Classroom Online Education 2.0: Evolving, Adapting, and Reinventing Online Technical Communication Baywood.
- Romberger-Depew, J. E. and Tucker, V. M. (October , 2019). Moving Forward, Looking Back: An Actor Network Theory Trace of a B.S. Proposal Oral Presentation CPTSC Annual Conference West Chester University.
- Tucker, V. M. (May 23, 2014). A Literacy of Collaboration Oral Presentation Tech Comm & Rhetoric Seminar Lubbock TX.
- Tucker, V. M. and Tucker, V. (March 27, 2014). Reworking the 12-step Interdisciplinary Analysis to support I/D Brainstorming Oral Presentation Annual Spring Conference on the Teaching of Writing .
- Tucker, V. M. (May 28, 2012). Facebook and Virtual Community Oral Presentation Seminar in Technical Communication & Rhetoric Lubbock, TX.
- Tucker, V. M. (April 17, 2012). Facebooking in Distance Education Oral Presentation TCC Worldwide Online Conference Hawaii.
- Tucker, V. M. (May 24, 2010). Why should I use the Virtual Classroom in my face-to-face classes? Poster Center for Learning Technologies Summer Institute: Engaging Modern Minds Norfolk, VA.
- Tucker, V. M. and Oliver, M. (April , 2005). Assessing Student Writing through E-Portfolios Oral Presentation Spring Writing Conference Norfolk, VA.
- 2015: Shining Star Award, Old Dominion University, Division of Student Engagement and Enrollment of Student Affairs