Dr. Maruthamuthu received a B.S & M.S in Chemical Engineering from IIT Madras in 2003 and a Ph.D in Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering from UIUC in 2009. After an American Heart Association Postdoctoral Fellowship at the University of Chicago, he joined ODU as a faculty member in 2014.
Ph.D. in Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, (2009)
B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, (2003)
M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, (2003)
Cellular Biomechanics;Engineered Cell Micro-environments;Multi-cellular Interactions
- Bashirzadeh, Y., Poole, J., Qian, S. and Maruthamuthu, V. (2018). Effect of pharmacological modulation of actin and myosin on collective cell electrotaxis. Bioelectromagnetics 39 (4) , pp. 289-298.
- Muhamed, I., Chowdhury, F. and Maruthamuthu, V. (2017). Biophysical tools to study cellular mechanotransduction. Bioengineering 4 (1).
- Dumbali, S. P., Mei, L., Qian, S. and Maruthamuthu, V. (2017). Endogenous Sheet-Averaged Tension Within a Large Epithelial Cell Colony. Journal of biomechanical engineering 139 (10) , pp. 101008.
- 2010: American Heart Association Postdoctoral Fellowship, AHA
- 2008: Drickamer Graduate Fellowship, UIUC
- 2003: Department Fellowship, UIUC