Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
1327 ENGR & COMP SCI BLDGKAUFMAN HALL
Contracts, Grants and Sponsored Research
- Asundi, S. "IRAD: Development and Fabrication of Custom Designed Systems of ODU/USCGAOdu/Uscga" $15,000. Local. May 16, 2022 - December 31, 2022
- Asundi, S. and Popescu, D. C. "Design and Development of Flight Software for the Mission SeaLion – A 3U CubeSat Mission for On-orbit Validation of Multiple Payloads from ODU, USCGA, and AFIT" $10,000. State. April 1, 2022 - December 1, 2022
- Asundi, S. "Magnetic Field Mapping of Pico/Nano/Micro-Satellites to Facilitate Refinement of their Guidance/Navigation Systems and Magnetic Cleanliness" $201,637. Federal. September 3, 2019 - August 31, 2022
- Asundi, S. "IRAD: Development of a Novel Remote Sensing Receiver" $10,000. Local. April 1, 2021 - March 31, 2022
- Asundi, S. and Popescu, D. C. "Development of a Novel Remote Sensing Receiver (DiBAR), an Impedance Probe, and a Visual+NIR Sensor for a 3U CubeSat Technology Demonstration of In-Situ Space Measurement and Earth Remote Sensing" $10,000. State. March 1, 2021 - December 31, 2021
- Popescu, D. C., Asundi, S. and Popescu, O. "STEM Outreach Activities Using the ODU Satellite Ground Station" $6,900. State. March 1, 2021 - December 31, 2021
- Asundi, S., Fitz-Coy, N. and Latchman, H. (2021). Evaluation of Murrell’s EKF-Based Attitude Estimation Algorithm for Exploiting Multiple Attitude Sensor Configurations. Sensors 2021 21 (19:6450).
- Taraila, W. McGee. and Asundi, S. (2022). Model‐based systems engineering for a small‐lift launch facility. Systems Engineering - The Journal of The International Council on Systems Engineering , pp. 1-14.
- Asundi, S., Bernard, G. C. and Collier , W. E. (2019). An interdisciplinary Research-based Education Program for Engaging Plant/Agriculture Sciences, Chemical Sciences & Engineering Students at Minority Institutions Tampa, Florida: 2019 ASEE Annual Conference & Exposition.
- Williams, A., Asundi, S., Yamrick, K., Wriggers, W. R. and Liu, Z. (2020). An Experimental Approach to Mapping of Magnetic Fields of CubeSat Attitude Actuator Representations 2020 IEEE Aerospace Conference.
- Asundi , S. (2020). An Archival-based Flipped Classroom Implementation for Enhancing the Performance of Academically Struggling Students 2020 ASEE Virtual Annual Conference Content Access.
- Asundi, S., Dews, J., Little, C., Royster, L. and Ash, R. L. (2021). TLE-based Orbit Analysis of the Virginia CubeSat Constellation CubeSats to Establish Identity, Communicate and Validate Mission AIAA Scitech 2021 Forum.
- Asundi and Kotinis, M. (2021). An Assessment of an Online Flipped-style Classroom Instruction for Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Students 2021 ASEE Virtual Annual Conference Content Access.
- 2022: 2 Virginia Institute of Spaceflight and Autonomy Awards ($10,000 & $15,000) as PI, Virginia Institute of Spaceflight and Autonomy
- 2022: 3 Innovative Project Competition Awards ($10,000 each) as PI and co-PI, Virginia Space Grant Consortium
- 2021: ODU’s Office of Research’s Summer Research Fellowship Program 2021 Award, ODU’s Office of Research
- 2019: Capacity Building Grant Award as Co- Principal Investigator and Senior Advisor, U.S. Department of Agriculture
- 2018: India Innovation Growth Programme 2.0 University Challenge Awards (Faculty Mentor) for 2017 and 2018, Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, Lockheed Martin and Tata Trusts
- 2016: Research Initiation Award as Principal Investigator, National Science Foundation
- 2015: DURIP Award as Principal Investigator, U.S. Air Force Office of Scientific Research
- 2014: Higher Education Grant Award, Rockwell Collins