Sachin Shetty is an Associate Director and Associate Professor in the Virginia Modeling, Analysis and Simulation Center at Old Dominion University. He holds a joint appointment with the Department of Computational Modeling and Simulation Engineering. Sachin Shetty received his PhD in Modeling and Simulation from the Old Dominion University in 2007.
Ph.D. in Modeling and Simulation, Old Dominion University, (2007)
Contracts, Grants and Sponsored Research
- Shetty, S. and Foytik, P. "Data Provenance Assurance in Cloud Using Block Chain" $91,012. Federal. August 20, 2016 - September 30, 2018
- Shetty, S. "Cyber Resilient Energy Delivery Consortium" $287,223. Higher Education. July 24, 2016 - September 30, 2018
- Shetty, S. "DHS Center of Excellence Critical Infrastructure Resilience Institute" $79,880. Higher Education. July 24, 2016 - June 30, 2017
- Shetty, S. "DOD Cyber Security of Excellence" $117,931. Higher Education. July 25, 2016 - April 14, 2017
His research interests lie at the intersection of computer networking, network security and machine learning. He has published over 200 research articles in conferences, journals and workshops. He has edited 4 books. His laboratory conducts cloud and mobile security research and has received over $12 million in funding from National Science Foundation, Air Office of Scientific Research, Air Force Research Lab, Office of Naval Research, Department of Homeland Security, and Boeing. He is a co-principal investigator on the DoD Cyber Security Center of Excellence, the Department of Homeland Security National Center of Excellence, the Critical Infrastructure Resilience Institute (CIRI), and Department of Energy, Cyber Resilient Energy Delivery Consortium (CREDC)
- Ullah, S., Shetty, S. and Hassanzadeh, A. (2018). Towards modeling attacker's opportunity for improving cyber resilience in energy delivery systems Piscataway, NJ, USA: Paper presented at the 2018 Resilience Week (RWS), 20-23 Aug. 2018.
- Ghosh, U., Chatterjee, P., Tosh, D., Shetty, S., Xiong, K. and Kamhoua, C. (2017). An SDN based framework for guaranteeing security and performance in information-centric cloud networks IEEE International Conference on Cloud Computing, CLOUD.
- Al-Salah, T., Hong, L. and Shetty, S. (2017). Attack surface expansion using decoys to protect virtualized infrastructure 2017 IEEE 1st International Conference on Edge Computing, EDGE 2017.
- Tosh, D. K., Shetty, S., Sengupta, S., Kesan, J. P. and Kamhoua, C. A. (2017). Risk management using cyber-threat information sharing and cyber-insurance Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social-Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering, LNICST.
- Tosh, D. K., Shetty, S., Liang, X., Kamhoua, C. A., Kwiat, K. A. and Njilla, L. (2017). Security implications of blockchain cloud with analysis of block withholding attack 2017 17th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGRID).
- Tosh, D. K., Vakilinia, I., Shetty, S., Sengupta, S., Kamhoua, C. A., Njilla, L. and Kwiat, K. (2017). Three layer game theoretic decision framework for cyber-investment and cyber-insurance Lecture Notes in Computer Science.
- Zhao, J., Shetty, S. and Pan, J. W.. (2017). Feature-based transfer learning for network security MILCOM 2017 - 2017 IEEE Military Communications Conference (MILCOM) (pp. 17-22).
- Almutairi, L. M.. and Shetty, S. (2017). Generalized stochastic Petri Net model based security risk assessment of software defined networks MILCOM 2017 - 2017 IEEE Military Communications Conference (MILCOM) (pp. 545-550).
- Liang, X., Zhao, J., Shetty, S. and Li, D. (2017). Towards data assurance and resilience in IoT using blockchain MILCOM 2017 - 2017 IEEE Military Communications Conference (MILCOM) (pp. 261-266).
- Liang, X., Shetty, S., Zhang, L., Kamhoua, C. and Kwiat, K. (2017). Man in the cloud (mitc) defender: SGX-based user credential protection for synchronization applications in cloud computing platform Los Alamitos, CA: 2017 IEEE 10th International Conference on Cloud Computing (CLOUD).
- Tosh, D. K., Shetty, S., Liang, X., Kamhoua, C., Kwiat, K. A. and Njilla, L. (2017). ProvChain: A blockchain-based data provenance architecture in cloud environment with enhanced privacy and availability. 2017 17th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Cluster, Cloud and Grid Computing (CCGRID).
- 2020: CCI Fellow, Commonwealth Cyber Initiative
- 2019: EPRI Cybersecurity Challenge, EPRI
- 2019: Top 50 Academic Paper, Blockchain Connect
- 2018: Fulbright Specialist, Fulbright